Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Don't know if my knee is seriously injured?  (Read 1360 times)

Offline hmcmaintman

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Don't know if my knee is seriously injured?
« on: September 20, 2005, 07:30:42 PM »
Last June (2004), I was playing basketball when I made a sharp cut and my knee gave out with a mild popping sound. 3 days later the swelling was down and I could walk normally, so I thought I was ok. 2 weeks later I was playing softball and while batting, I swung and when I planted my knee and twisted my knee gave out again with great pain. I couldn't put weight on it for a few days and I have been babying it ever since. But now I can run and jog with no pain at all. Finally about 2 weeks ago I went to a chiropractor and he done numerous tests on it and says that I most likely sprained it and where I have babied it so long (1 year) the muscles and ligaments have gotten weak. He said that if I rehabbed my hamstring, quadricep, and calf, he thinks in as little as a month or so I could be out playing sports again. What do you all think???

Offline rpc

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
Re: Don't know if my knee is seriously injured?
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2005, 07:40:00 PM »
 Hey, that really stinks but you should definitely see an orthosurg. An MRI would tell you definite answers to how the tendons, ligaments, meniscus, muscles look. Don't mess around with your knees, you need them!
15 y/o male HS basketball player
x3 dislocations in 14 months left knee
Arth for loose body july 2004
prox realignment/LR feb 2005
Fulkerson sept 7th

Offline hmcmaintman

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2005, 09:06:03 PM »
thanks for the info rpc. The chiropractor said in his professional opinion that he is 99.9% sure that nothing is torn. After him twisting and pushing and all the maneuvers that he did with it and no pain or clicking in my knee involved, I really want to believe him. I would think that if something was torn, I would have pain and/or swelling while running or jogging. Is this the case or am I wrong?

Offline purplestars1881

• Forum Faithful
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2005, 09:16:13 PM »
I agree, I think that at the very least, you should go see an Orthapedist.
Sorry...
Heather
Lateral Release & Torn Meniscus...August 2005

Offline SPK

• Forum Faithful
    • http://www.sharks.com.au
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2005, 04:02:26 AM »
Might be Patellafemoral or it could be something more serious. Definantly get it checked out. Like someone else said, it's your knee so don't mess around with it.
May 05 - Injury playing Rugby League; Torn Lateral Meniscus, High Grade partial tear to ACL
August 05 - Partial Lateral Meniscectomy
ACL Reconstruction - November 28th 2006

"I don't know how to put this but... I'm kind of a big deal."

Offline hmcmaintman

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2005, 07:08:23 PM »
What does Patellafemoral mean???