Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: mosiacplasty  (Read 1406 times)

Offline zoomitup

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
mosiacplasty
« on: September 20, 2005, 12:53:42 PM »
Hi everone!
        I am having mosiacplasty on the 27th of Sept. My DR.  said 3 months on crutches and pt to start the next day.  Is  this normal?  What about a brace or cpm machine?  Will I have these?  I will start  diary of my recovery.  This is a workers comp claim, but I have been very fortunate about my adjuster so far.  I think Texas work comp laws are pretty good.  Cant drive for 3 months so how am I gonna get to PT????  Do yall think I need to have someone home with me after the surgery?  Or will I be able to get around?  I had a scope in April and had no problems, but wasnt nwb.  Thanks for all your comments.

Dana

shadehawk

Re: mosiacplasty
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2005, 01:04:05 PM »
Dana,

When you are NWB it sure helps to have someone around to help, expecially the first few days when you are groggy after surgery.  I did not have a big procedure like this and they would not let me go home unless there was someone with me the first 24 hours.....

http://www.steadman-hawkins.com/knee_chondral/treat.asp
http://www.skiingmag.com/skiing/be_strong/article/0,12910,767959,00.html

Good luck with your procedure

Shade
« Last Edit: September 20, 2005, 01:14:34 PM by Shade »

Offline brattkids

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 0
  • here's to a pain free tomorrow!!! Savvy
Re: mosiacplasty
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2005, 07:12:53 PM »
NWB stinks. I have been NWB off and on for the past 18 months and what a pain!!!

A backpack will really help ease carrying items around your house. Its been a life safer for me.

Did your OS say you couldnt drive?? My OATS was done on my driving leg and my OS said as long as I could brake with the other just in case you had to brake hard- they dont want you to jam your bad leg- I was fine to drive and I did.

I had a T-rom brace for the first week after surgery which was locked to 0- my leg was straight out so that the kneecap would not rub across the fresh grafts. I did not have a cpm because of the brace. I had a polar care unit which was awsome!!!
I would have someone with you at least for a couple days. Trying to get around on crutches before the anestetic wears totally off is challenging and sometimes the pain meds will make you dizzy and make getting around hard

Good luck to you

Paulette
4/04 microfracture
5/04 debris removal
8/04 OATS with synthetic plugs
11/04 OATS traditional autograft medial femoral chondyle
05/05 debris removal and OATS assessment
6/05 Cadaver Allograft OATS lateral femoral chondyle
9/05 OATS redone could not save allograft plug
12/2006 2007 and 2008 scop