Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Painful knee AGAIN  (Read 731 times)

Offline comickie

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Painful knee AGAIN
« on: September 20, 2005, 12:22:02 AM »
Hello,
In past years I have had 4 left knee surguries for cartlidge, meniscus, and lateral release as well as a partial bursa sack removal.  I fell 3 weeks ago landing hard on garage floor.  Immediately felt pain, popping and grinding along with swelling.  Just had a recent MRI done today.  I went to the OS a few days ago and immediately he said that he could feel the damage, but didn't say what it was just to have the mri done.  For the most part, it's always achey and feels like a burning sensation under the knee cap and along the outside of my leg into my thigh.  Any suggestions as to what this pain could be from? don't get the results for several days yet and it is worse with sitting then standing. Please help! I'm scared that I am going to have to undergo another surgery for this.  HELP! ??? ??? :(

Offline Nettan

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 7
  • Stronger then yesterday...thanks Sis...
Re: Painful knee AGAIN
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2005, 03:33:50 PM »
Don't be scared. This doesn't necessery mean that you need surgery. Maybe he had he could see the damage because he saw swelling and bruising and wanted to do this Mri to be sure there's no bigger damage. Sometimes when you listen to the docs something theey say can mean something else. Maybe it's so for you too that he meant he can obvisiously see it. Meanwhile take it easy elevat and rest the knee and ice it as much as possible.
I hope you get good answers.

HUGS NETTAN  8)
Surgery 6 times left knee torn meniscus, RSDS,chondromalacia, nervdamage cause constant nervpain,chronic inflamm.
Spinaldamage wheeler 100%.
Right knee damaged aug-06, use brace surgery 4/9-07.LCL tear.