Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: sigh it never ends does it?  (Read 965 times)

Offline daisygirl2

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 0
sigh it never ends does it?
« on: September 16, 2005, 10:46:38 PM »
I went for my consult with my new OS today. While she is really nice and seems competent I'm a little relieved and upset by my disagonisis. First off the good news is that I DON"T need anymore surgery (which is great because my old OS was talking about an Ostetomy) the bad news is I have PFS. Which is know is pardon the pun a pain to treat. So I'm being sent for MORE PT which is amazing since my PT told my OLD OS that PT was not helping and will not help my problem. Also my hip pain is not going to be addressed until they can get the knee under control.

I know this is a good diagonisis but I'm sick of the pain, sick of being told I'm a nice rare and complex case. I'm not terribly optimistic about PT because it failed me because what works for the knee hurts my hip and vice versa I'm really at a loss here. I was told that I pretty much put my weight on the sides of my patella that they are titled and my femur is rotated thanks to the hip problem. I'm sorry I'm just whinny but I feel like I'm running around in circles. Surgery failed, PT failed, waiting and seeing failed, cortizone failed and orthotics failed. So now it looks like I'm restarting the cycle this time with a new diagnosis.  :-\

Oh I was also told by this new OS that I will never be free of pain. They can only reduce it.  makes ya feel great inside...

Offline Audice

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 8
Re: sigh it never ends does it?
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2005, 12:54:49 PM »
Daisygirl2 ~ I'm new to this game having done serious knee damage just this past April. But I hear you...the chronic aches & pains eventually get to me, too & I think about how fortunate I am to have lived as long as I have w/o this daily nuisance. On rare days when there are moments of complete comfort I'm astounded & realize how much I've taken for granted for so long.

I don't envy you & I can appreciate your becoming "down." I just hope you'll at least find some med/s that will afford you greater comfort than you've got thus far. Wishing you the best...Ellie
April, 2005 - ACL rupture, medial meniscus tear within posterior horn to articular surface, abnormal signal within lateral meniscus, partial tear MCL, bone contusions tibia/fibula, Baker's cyst.
No repairs.

Offline Nettan

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 7
  • Stronger then yesterday...thanks Sis...
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2005, 02:26:06 PM »
Daisygirl,
as long as everything isn't sorted out completely don't loose hope. I remember the day I got the answers from my docs revealing you have to live with your pain, my whole life felt destroyed. But now 5 years later I know that I some day will get better, just have to wait for research or to find the right doc. Next year I'm going abroad and will while I'm there trying to see some docs. Ehh this about not taking care of your hip before your knee is under control, it isn't so that your hip can be related to your kneepain ? Just a thought. When I were diagnosed with the problems I have they controlled both hips,feet and also back to see that everything really comes from my knee.
Maybe you need some other pt then pou have had until now, who knows more about PFS.
Sending hugs...

NETTAN  8)
Surgery 6 times left knee torn meniscus, RSDS,chondromalacia, nervdamage cause constant nervpain,chronic inflamm.
Spinaldamage wheeler 100%.
Right knee damaged aug-06, use brace surgery 4/9-07.LCL tear.

Offline casey2291

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 0
  • User's Text
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2005, 02:08:33 PM »
Hi,

I'm sorry to hear that you seem to be in a cycle of treatment that just isn't helping you.  I agree with Nettan that maybe you could try a new PT just to get a new perspective on things.  I've found that PT's don't always agree when it comes to treatment.    I really hope that you can get some pain relief soon.  Hang in there!

Casey  :)
LOA #2 and hardware removal 12/15/08-new cartilage from ACI looks "GOOD"
LOA on left knee 3/18/07
ACI and HTO on left knee 10/22/07
scope of right knee on 6/21/07
microfracture left knee 3/18/05