Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: New member - would appreciate a little advice  (Read 931 times)

Offline Moose1002

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
New member - would appreciate a little advice
« on: September 14, 2005, 10:58:19 PM »
Hi all,
This Board is quite a find, I hadn't realised until I found it quite how many people seem to have similar knee related issues. I am hugely impressed by the level of knowledge most posters exhibit.

To cut to the chase, three weeks ago I had a TTT to correct patella alta (identified recently as a possible root cause of about 15 years of steadily increasing knee problems). The operation on my right knee is to be followed in a number of months by a correction on my left knee. I confess to be unprepared for the impact of the operation, I have bounced back from previous arthroscopic procedures and a much earlier operation on my left patella tendon very quickly. This time round, I had been quite pleased with my recovery, The wound looks fine and I haven't needed any pain killers for at least a week. I rested for a week and a half before returning to work ( a fairly sedentary job behind a desk for the most part) but I now find that I am in a cycle where my knee and lower leg is very swollen by early afternoon and I then need to rest, elevate and ice it to get the swelling down by the morning. This cycle is then repeated the following day....

I would appreciate any advice that people have - am I doing too much? Should I be worried?

Thanks in advance for your advice.

Adam.

Offline kath

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 0
  • User's Text
Re: New member - would appreciate a little advice
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2005, 12:35:12 AM »
Adam...keep in mind that you have had major surgery on your knee.   It would probably be a good idea to ice as often as you can and keep your leg elevated while sitting at your desk.  A small stool will help.

Pain and swelling for each TTTer can be so different...there is one member here who still has some swelling 20 months post-op.  You are only 3 weeks out of surgery...continue to RICE regularly and you should see improvement!

kath

Bi-lateral unicompartmental Nov 2004

support