Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Still limping  (Read 2194 times)

Offline heymisterpj

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Liked: 0
  • it's just a flesh wound...
Re: Still limping
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2005, 12:51:09 PM »
Hi Lucy

Offline heymisterpj

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • it's just a flesh wound...
« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2005, 12:59:17 PM »
Hi Lucy
can't quite understand your mum's attitude unless she's trying to get you to "tough it out". I've torn both menisci in left knee, it is swollen, and generally the only thing that helps is a combination of the whole rice thing and ibuprofen. However, at times the meniscus gets pinched by the bones and causes greater pain.This has resulted in me resorting to crutches for a few days while waiting to regain mobility. When it happens ther's no way I'd want to walk 3 miles! Most important thing is to be positive. , keep your spirits up. If you are in pain get help, is there not a medical person you can see at school? If not talk to your mum about the pain. As you can see from these pages there are a lot of us out here suffering the same sorts of problems, and I find that most of the advice is very good. Get thod frozen peas on it, but best to wrap them in a cloth and not go direct to the skin. I'm getting my knee done next Tuesday, so the crutches will be out again for as long as I need them. I'm lucky, my mum won't tell me what i have to do, but then again, I am 41 ;D

Offline csangel

• Regular Poster
« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2005, 03:03:23 PM »
thanks guys. its not really possible to get lifts for me but my boyfriend has lent me his weight lifting gloves so that will help with the hands. my arm muscles don't really seem to hurt but i'd rather walk with the crutches than cause my knee more pain - it might make a change to have pain elsewhere for a change!!!
i'll let you know how it goes.