Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Need some answers that the doctors won't give  (Read 786 times)

Offline insatiable16

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Need some answers that the doctors won't give
« on: September 14, 2005, 05:00:41 PM »
I've had chronic pain in my left knee and other joints since I was 14, when I lost roughly 100 lbs. in a year.  I pushed my body to the max, saw results, but am now paying foe my accomplishment painfully.  I am now 18, and was just recently told that I have a sublux patella and a possible miniscus tear.  I just started physical therapy which has only, so far, put me in more pain.  All of the joints in my body painfully pop and crack, but the doctor told me that was normal.  We all know what should and shouldn't be happening in our bodies, and I don't think this is right.  Everyday, I have trouble going to class and exercising because of the increase of discomfort in my joints.  I experienced crippling muscle spasms for the first time last weekend, but the doctors are telling me it's nothing, that it's in my head.  Does anybody know if this pressure and pain in my joints could be related to my knee and be caused by something besides years of physical strain?  And if these problems are all joint injuries, then why am I having muscular spasms?  I could really use another point of view and would greatly appreciate any replies.

Always,
                                        Melissa

Offline blackbeltgirl

• SuperKNEEgeek
Re: Need some answers that the doctors won't give
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2005, 05:24:11 PM »
Melissa -

I don't have any briliant advice on your specific condition, but any doctor who treats me with the lack of respect you've described isn't someone I'd see again.  Bad joints can lead to muscle spasms, as we start walking funny to accomodate pain, and thereby stressing the msucles.  And lots of people crack and pop, in a variety of joints.  If it's constant and/or its painful, then it needs to be treated.  I'd find another OS ASAP.  And considering it's in so many joints, you may also want to visit a rheumatologist.  Even if all you do is rule out conditions like Lupus and Rheumatoid Arthritis, it will give you more confidence when talking to the OS if he knows the rheumatoogist believes orthopedic care is the appropriate path.

Good luck.  And
ACI was supposed to be 2/21/06.  On 6/29/06 Insurance co said have another scope, and if it still looks good, they'll ok the ACI.
Microfracture Dec 7, 2004
   3cm x 6cm lesion, LFC; 3cm x 1cm lesion, trochlear groove; lateral tibial plateau lesion
2nd degree black belt, tae kwon do (had to stop)

Offline blackbeltgirl

• SuperKNEEgeek
Re: Need some answers that the doctors won't give
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2005, 05:24:56 PM »
Oops.  Hit the wrong button.

Started to say - Good luck.  And WAY TO GO ON THE WEIGHT LOSS!  THAT'S A PHENOMENAL ACHIEVEMENT!!!

Jess
ACI was supposed to be 2/21/06.  On 6/29/06 Insurance co said have another scope, and if it still looks good, they'll ok the ACI.
Microfracture Dec 7, 2004
   3cm x 6cm lesion, LFC; 3cm x 1cm lesion, trochlear groove; lateral tibial plateau lesion
2nd degree black belt, tae kwon do (had to stop)