Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: allergic to NSAID's what now  (Read 593 times)

Offline trish85

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 0
allergic to NSAID's what now
« on: September 13, 2005, 12:53:12 AM »
All right so I went back to my OS today and he said everything looks good.  But. I  have a lot of swelling and pain in my knee and my VMO is still really weak from the advancement, which was on the tenth of June.  So when I went to my OS he told me that first off I need to excersise more which I can't do due to pain and the pain is worse because I have so much Inflamation in my knee so my patella is really instable and that is also due to a muscle inbalance.   So he decided to perscribe me Mobic so me knowing that I have abou ten million allergies I went to my allergist to try out the medicine and sure enough I reacted to it.  My throat and face swellled up and all that good stuff.  So I can't take that anymore.  Now my OS is afraid to perscribe me anything and passed that duty off to my allergist.  So now it fells like I'm running into a brick wall.  I can't start being more agressive with PT until the pain calms down the pain won't calm down until the swelling goes away and that won't go away because its been so far out from surgery and the fluid is stucck in there and will not go away with just the RICE protacol anymnore.  So if anyone has any ideas about what I can take or what I can do to help the swelling go down would be greatly appreciated. 

I don't know if I will be back on later becaause to put it bluntly I feel like sh!t and I have a feeling that I am going to be going back to the hospital tonight which will just plain suck.

thanks
trish
R LR 2/02
R TTT/LR 8/02
L LR 1/03
R hardware removal 7/03
L TTT/LR 8/03
L hardware removeal 6/04
L VMO realignment 6/05
L TTT/VMO revision 10/05
R VMO advancement 4/06
L hardware removed 7/06
R VMO recon 9/06
L VMO recon 7/07
L MPFL recon w/ hamstring autograft 3/14/08
EDS type 3

Offline purplestars1881

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 0
Re: allergic to NSAID's what now
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2005, 02:12:46 AM »
Hi Trish...

Sorry to hear that things are not going fabulously for you. Try to stay positive, that will really help in your recovery. I had surgery about four weeks ago and found out after surgery that I am also allergic to NSAID'S. My GP put me on some steroids (Prednizone) to help alleviate the allergic reaction, but they also helped with the swelling. Other than that, I just iced obsessively and tried to elevate. It's a vicious cycle, trying to get that swelling down when you can't take anything for the inflammation. I also took some Tylenol to alleviate the pain, which made it easier for me to move.

Hope this helps,
Heather
Lateral Release & Torn Meniscus...August 2005

support