Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Drastic need of some help..  (Read 1050 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline professional_jinx

  • MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • *
  • Posts: 1
  • Liked: 0
Drastic need of some help..
« on: September 12, 2005, 07:31:16 AM »

« Last Edit: September 20, 2015, 06:26:05 PM by professional_jinx, Reason: too much personal info »

Offline blackbeltgirl

  • SuperKNEEgeek
  • *****
  • *
  • Posts: 1372
  • Liked: 0
Re: Drastic need of some help..
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2005, 03:52:07 PM »
Why would she be looking to see a rheumatologist instead of an orthopedist?  If she has been diagnosed with a disease such as rheumatoid arthritis, lupus, fibromalgia, etc. a rheumatologist is probably the right specialist.  But for joint problems she should see an orthopedist.  preferabbly one who specializes in knees in this case.

If you go to the web site's main page, there is a listing of doctors and clinics who have earned a strong reputation.  You can search your state, and see if any of those listed accept your insurance plan.
ACI was supposed to be 2/21/06.  On 6/29/06 Insurance co said have another scope, and if it still looks good, they'll ok the ACI.
Microfracture Dec 7, 2004
   3cm x 6cm lesion, LFC; 3cm x 1cm lesion, trochlear groove; lateral tibial plateau lesion
2nd degree black belt, tae kwon do (had to stop)

Offline Ronxski

  • SuperKNEEgeek
  • *****
  • Posts: 753
  • Liked: 0
  • User's Text
Re: Drastic need of some help..
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2005, 06:00:08 PM »
Kyle, Jess gave you very good advice. The only thing I can add to this is ask if she has a local insurance agent that sold her the policy? Or does she have it through work?
I have an agent for my insurance that I find is very helpful when I have a problem. Ron
partial meniscus removal, posterior horn of medial meniscus tear,horizontal cleavage type. Dec. O4
Age 56
back to cross country skiing and biking.