Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Shocking Quads  (Read 698 times)

Offline bikersmurf

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 0
  • Limping, but walking!!!
Shocking Quads
« on: September 12, 2005, 12:55:49 AM »
:-[

Hello!
I am new to this site  and new to the group of patella fractures. Can anyone tell me what rom is? My OS ldoes not talk in lamens terms. My Quads need to be shocked, I am wondering if it's worth it, They said something like 6-8 months before I can  walk right. Do people usually have limps? Any info would be apperchiated. Thanks
Motorcycle accident(open patella shattered)
8-05 reconstruction surgery wires pins, crown and figure eight , FEb 06, had bad fall and damaged knee and hardware. May 5 06 op to remove hardware and repair tissue, quad and nerve damage. Recovering!!

Offline Charliemouse

• SuperKNEEgeek
Re: Shocking Quads
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2005, 01:06:14 AM »
Hi Bikersmurf
ROM is range of movement (0 degrees being straight) and I'm not sure but I'm assuming that your os is talking about electrical stimulation of your quads to keep them working so they don't atrophy too much. Sorry don't know too much about patella fractures hopefully someone else will be along soon who can help with that bit.
Good luck
18/06/05 Injured trampolining
Fixed Flexion 20-90 deg until...
01/09/05 lateral meniscectomy (40%)
09/06/06 Patella tendon aclr
09/09/06 Back on the tramp (carefully)
10 years on and still going strong
!!Stop twisting when you land or it hurts!!

Offline favouritesearcher

• Forum Faithful
  • User's Text
Re: Shocking Quads
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2005, 09:03:40 AM »
Hi,

There is a section on the board called 'Bone Breaks Around the Knee' and there are plenty of people with patella fractures down there.  Most people make good recoveries (don't limp) but most people also limp at first.  6-8 months is a good estimate of how long it takes.

John
Mar 04 - Tibial spine avulsion fracture (skiing). Open surgery to fix, 1 screw.  Max passive ROM 20-75, active ROM 30-45
Aug 04 - Diag. severe arthro. Scar tissue clean up (LOA, removal of scar tissue).
Feb 05 - Discharged from surgeon's care. ROM 3-125.
Apr 05 - Discharged from physio. Same ROM