Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Partical knee replacement.. Here I go again...  (Read 650 times)

Offline gilkenson53

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Partical knee replacement.. Here I go again...
« on: September 10, 2005, 06:54:16 PM »
New to board, after TKR , right knee 4 years ago, which is doing great.. Scope surgery on left knee 10 weeks ago, torn medicus.. Doctor 'cleaned-up' heavy arthritis on inner part of knee. Nothing but problems since. He's suggesting partical knee replacement.. Any info on how long they last, recovery, ect.... Thanks...

Offline kath

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 0
  • User's Text
Re: Partical knee replacement.. Here I go again...
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2005, 07:33:19 PM »
gilkenson...hi there, sorry you are needing more surgery, but you've come to the right website for answers!

I've had medial OA in both knees and had Unicompartmental Replacements done at the same time last November.  Like a TKR, it all depends on your activity, weight, lifestyle, type...but typically can expect 7-15 yrs with a PKR, next step being a TKR.

Scroll down to the ARTHRITIS Section and click on Unicompartmental Knee Replacement.  There are several of us who have had this surgery...Stefanie, JBL, UofRSpider, RebelsNMisfits (PFJR).

Also use the search area at the top of this page and the search area on the main website page.

Glad to answer any questions you have.  I consider my surgery a success.  I hope your doctor has also explored other options with you first, as like a TKR there is no going back after PKR.

kath
« Last Edit: September 10, 2005, 07:50:34 PM by kath »
Bi-lateral unicompartmental Nov 2004

support