Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Bad knee problem  (Read 7216 times)

Offline jillo

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 0
Re: Bad knee problem
« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2005, 10:52:10 AM »
That's nothing  :-* : move to the CA central valley and see the monsoons there.  We've had a 5-acre field fill to 3' deep in 12 hours there.  It rains from November to March and it RAINS.  Horrendous, sandbag your doorway, and hope it quits style rain every year.  Takes 2-3 months to dry out pastures so you can put livestock back out on them.  Bad for the old joints for sure.

Offline SKOM

• Regular Poster
« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2005, 06:32:38 PM »
That's nothing  :-* : move to the CA central valley and see the monsoons there.  We've had a 5-acre field fill to 3' deep in 12 hours there.  It rains from November to March and it RAINS.  Horrendous, sandbag your doorway, and hope it quits style rain every year.  Takes 2-3 months to dry out pastures so you can put livestock back out on them.  Bad for the old joints for sure.

Sorry but there is no Monsoons in California. Fresno is where I live too!

*edit*

Funny how this post turned into the Monsson post...... :)

I thought something fishy about this post anyhow..........................just my opinion.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2005, 06:34:32 PM by SKOM »
ACL/PCL Reconstruction (96)
Partial Medial Meniscectomy (03)
Post Lateral Corner reinforcement (too help with Laxity issues) (03)
Partial Lateral Meniscectomy (05)
ACL/PCL Revision (05) Hamstring, Achilles Allografts.

Leader of the "Lax" Knee Clan!

Offline Heather M.

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 10
    • Check out my photography!
« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2005, 08:17:26 PM »
Actually, the Central Valley has an amazing summer thunderstorm season.  Some people adopt the term 'monsoon' for a huge and violent summer thunderstorm 'season' that comes predictably at certain times of the year.  Or they use it to refer to the rainy season in a certain area.  That's not strictly correct, but it's pretty common.  Arizona has an actual monsoon--a wind that changes direction seasonally from north to south and leads to tropical weather with violent daily thunderstorms from June to September.  Then the wind starts blowing back out of the north again and the weather patterns dry up.

And there's nothing fishy about this post.  Not sure where you get that.  I'll apologize for hijacking the knee problem thread, but the poster did mention the monsoon season and the subsequent increase in pain.  This is a known phenomenon that probably has to do with radical barometric pressure changes.  In a word, stormy weather.  It's a very frustrating problem to deal with when you have bum knees in an area with unstable weather.

Heather
Scope #1: LR, part. menisectomy w/cyst, chondroplasty
#2-#5: Lysis of adhesions/scar tissue, AIR, patellar tendon debridement, infections, MUA, insufflation
#6: IT band release / Z-Plasty, synovectomy, LOA/AIR, chondroplasty
2006 Arthrofibrosis, patella baja
http://www.flickr.com/photos/hmaxwell

Offline SKOM

• Regular Poster
« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2005, 11:31:53 PM »
Actually, the Central Valley has an amazing summer thunderstorm season.  Some people adopt the term 'monsoon' for a huge and violent summer thunderstorm 'season' that comes predictably at certain times of the year.  Or they use it to refer to the rainy season in a certain area.  That's not strictly correct, but it's pretty common.  Arizona has an actual monsoon--a wind that changes direction seasonally from north to south and leads to tropical weather with violent daily thunderstorms from June to September.  Then the wind starts blowing back out of the north again and the weather patterns dry up.

And there's nothing fishy about this post.  Not sure where you get that.  I'll apologize for hijacking the knee problem thread, but the poster did mention the monsoon season and the subsequent increase in pain.  This is a known phenomenon that probably has to do with radical barometric pressure changes.  In a word, stormy weather.  It's a very frustrating problem to deal with when you have bum knees in an area with unstable weather.

Heather

lol.........There is nothing AMAZING about Central Valley weather Heather! I live here. Ok, enough about the weather.  ;D

Why the MOD made this a "Sticky Topic" I have no idea!
« Last Edit: September 08, 2005, 01:09:55 AM by SKOM »

Offline The KNEEguru

• Administrator
  • SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 100
  • The KNEEguru
    • The KNEEguru
« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2005, 09:51:36 PM »
Hi
Can I 'unsticky' it then??

KNEEguru
--
KNEEguru

Offline SKOM

• Regular Poster
« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2005, 05:29:58 AM »
Hi
Can I 'unsticky' it then??

KNEEguru

yes, let the weather post go....besides the original poster has not been here to repond to the original topic? Just my little humble opinion.  ;)

support