Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Sharp knee pain  (Read 867 times)

Offline Jaded

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Sharp knee pain
« on: September 05, 2005, 03:14:07 PM »
Hi there, hoping someone may be able to shed some light on this.  ???

For many years, my right knee has been prone to clicking when I bend it. It has never really bothered me or brought any discomfort. Recently, I've found that when I go kneel, I get a sharp pain on the side of my right knee.
There doesn't appear to be any swelling, and I don't have any other pain apart from this.
Is this something I should be concerned about?
Thanks

ariel

Re: Sharp knee pain
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2005, 11:02:11 PM »
Hi -

Was any of this the result of an injury of any sort? - if it consistently causes pain when you kneel down there could be an issue of some sort - ideally you should see your GP as soon as possible just to get it checked out.

Offline tangerine

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 1
Re: Sharp knee pain
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2005, 12:03:53 AM »
Jaded,
You may have worn down the cartiledge to the point of having lesions under the kneecap. Thats what happened to me, and it came upon me suddenly. The clicking could have been symptomatic of the wearing down.
but the sharp pain indicates a more serious condition.
I would definitely have it checked out. This would involve an x-ray, an MRI, and perhaps a CT scan as well. Also, an eval by a PT. You need to find out if you have maltracking in your kneecap.
Find out soon, don't let it wait. The sooner you do something about this, the better off you'll be in the long run.
Good luck.
Tangerine
marathon runner
LR rt. knee 9/04 - unsuccessful
Fulkerson TTT 12/19/05 - rt. knee
Fulkerson TTT 12/27/06 - Lknee