Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Lost a lot of strength...  (Read 984 times)

Offline holdie

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Lost a lot of strength...
« on: September 04, 2005, 07:29:36 PM »
Well I'm about 3.5 months post op for arthroscopic surgery w/ microfracture to my right knee for some torn cartilege, and all has gone well, but there is one slight problem that I've had.  After I got off crutches and finished my rehab (about a month ago) I didn't really have any more pain in my knee and thought i was cured.  However, since then I haven't done any of my leg exercises other than jogging 3 times a week, and now my knee is a little more painful, especially when going up and down stairs and jumping.  Is this just a case of my strength going down because I wasn't doing my exercises or is it something else?  What would you guys reccommend?

Offline stgiles16

• SuperKNEEgeek
    • My photo album
Re: Lost a lot of strength...
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2005, 12:35:26 AM »
You need to check out the bone marrow stimulation section under the arthritus section. Did your OS ok you to jog at 3.5 mnths? :o I have had 2 microfractures and my OS would have cut my head off if I had tried that. Micro is a long recovery. Most people still have intermittent bone pain up to a year post op. MOst people are also cautioned against doing high impact activities. Please read thru the other micro posts and check with your OS if he has not given you the ok to do such heavy impact activities.

good luck
missy
2 ligament recons right ankle
2 arthroscopic,
5 open knee procedures
2 Plica removals
bone spur removal
2 microfractures
4 debridements
2 open LOAs all on left knee
Arthritis,both knees, ankles, shoulders, elbows, hands,spine
Fibromyalgia
Arthrofibrosis
LOA & PKR 2/15/06
RA
in pain mgmt
TKR JAN 2012

Offline holdie

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
Re: Lost a lot of strength...
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2005, 11:26:21 PM »
yea he said that jogging was ok, but it seems as though he was pretty lenient with everything else as well (coming off crutches, PT, etc)  I'm gonna start going some low-impact strength exercises for my legs to see if that makes a difference