Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Possible Break or Sprain?  (Read 606 times)

Offline Shirona

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Possible Break or Sprain?
« on: September 04, 2005, 12:56:15 PM »
Hi, I'm fourteen years old and last night I was running to make a jump, I bent my leg back and missed the jump and collided with a brick wall with the from of my knee. My knee was bent and I collided with the top of my knee cap. I thought I could just walk the pain off, and be okay, but it continued to hurt. I tried to sleep it off, but I woke up, and it's still in pain. I'm wondering if possibly I should see a doctor or not. The knee is fine when I'm sitting down, there's no pain then. But when I'm standing and walking, I can feel pain, but it's bareable. The cannot run without extreme pain. And when I try to get on all fours, or something of that nature, it causes me extreme pain. It has swollen since the injury. I read most of your site but I couldn't determine what kind of injury I may have had. I'm primary worried about the fact that it still hurts 10 hours after the injury. Please respond A.S.A.P.

Offline Nettan

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 7
  • Stronger then yesterday...thanks Sis...
Re: Possible Break or Sprain?
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2005, 01:33:53 PM »
Shirona, as long as the knee isn't collapsing or getting stucked or so, you don't have to worry. Think you have bruising.
Try RICE(rest,ice,compress and elevate) for some day and I'm sure you will get better. If not maybe then it's time seeing a doc or if you get worse and can't stand on it at all.
Good luck !!

HUGS NETTAN  8)
Surgery 6 times left knee torn meniscus, RSDS,chondromalacia, nervdamage cause constant nervpain,chronic inflamm.
Spinaldamage wheeler 100%.
Right knee damaged aug-06, use brace surgery 4/9-07.LCL tear.

Offline Alla

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 0
Re: Possible Break or Sprain?
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2005, 02:05:13 PM »
I think that Nettans advise is good.  Rest it, and apply ice and compression and see how it is in a few days, then if it is still bad go and see your Dr.  10 hours isnt very long after an injury, and chances are that while it is swollen and brused there isnt a lot that can be done or determined. 

Alla
Torn ACL December 04
ACL Reco May 05
Cleared to return to sport May 06

support