Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: bent knee  (Read 843 times)

Offline ksg

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
bent knee
« on: September 03, 2005, 10:36:29 PM »
I have had three surgeries on my left knee.  The first was in '99 and was a scope to repair cartilage.  The secound was a reconstructive acl repair borrowing from the patella tendon in 2000.  Last may I had my third surgery to remove a cyclops lesion of scar tissue that had developed from the acl repair.  I have been in and out of therapy for 5 years and I still cannot keep my leg straight.  I am constantly appling weight(20lbs)  to my knee while keeping my leg proped up (my therapist and I refer to it as proning) I do this about 6 or 7 times a day and although I get full extension after applying the weight it will only last for a couple of minutes.  The second I sit down or bend my knee my IT band tightens up again.  My injured leg is only 1 cm smaller than my good leg.  I attend PT four days a week and put in a 3 hour work out so I know my problem is not weekness.  Plus I am a dancer and stretch all the time so I do have flexibility.  Although my good leg is hyperextended and the injured leg will not extend past zero so stretching each leg seperately does feel quite differant.  I was just wondering if anyone else has ever experianced this problem and how or can I ever overcome this.  I just want to have a normal leg that will straighten when I want it to!

support