Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: 10 months later, no better  (Read 766 times)

Offline no better

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
10 months later, no better
« on: September 03, 2005, 06:43:35 AM »
I had realignment and debridement surgery done 10 months ago. 6 weeks after surgery I had to have MUA. I've had nothing but trouble since. My knee still dislocates (I can't feel it because my knee has been numb since the surgery) I have a scar that runs from my thigh to my shin, it's always swollen, and always hurts. My new OS said that I still have the same problem with my knee and it needs the same surgery again. This doc said that they would scope it. The other doc that did the first surgery said it had to be an open surgery that it could not be scoped. The first doc did the MUA because I developed scar tissue from the surgery. I feel worse now than before I had the operation. Has this happened to anyone else? I was in therapy for six months for this. I still have limited ROM and I cannot kneel on that knee or squat down because it hurts so bad. Any info would help.

Offline Nettan

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 7
  • Stronger then yesterday...thanks Sis...
Re: 10 months later, no better
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2005, 10:38:32 AM »
Hey !!

You need more opinions on this knee before doing any drastic like a new surgery. If you have problems still with scar tissue maybe you should go down read under "Soft tissue healing problems" or make a topic there as well.
Good luck to you !!

HUGS NETTAN  8)
Surgery 6 times left knee torn meniscus, RSDS,chondromalacia, nervdamage cause constant nervpain,chronic inflamm.
Spinaldamage wheeler 100%.
Right knee damaged aug-06, use brace surgery 4/9-07.LCL tear.

support