Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Need alot of help....  (Read 947 times)

Offline BridgetJones_uk

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 1
  • Love me love my knees!
Need alot of help....
« on: September 02, 2005, 01:09:51 AM »
After the last couple of months, due to eating things accidently (don't ask, but I was in hospital for 2 weeks) I've managed to lose 10kg, 10kg that I didn't have to lose in the first place and the next person who says u've lost weight and looking good I may actually murder....... I have surgery a week away and last time I lost half a stone just 'cause I felt sick most of the time. Do any of u guys have any ideas how to bulk up, 'cause I can't lose any more weight and chocolate and build up shake is not the answer as I've found out.........
Any ideas most appreciated...seeing the dietition tomorrow, but I just can't keep the 50kg target despite what I try. Its driving me nuts and making me very miserable........I like the old me not this one, who is literally a shadow of forma self.

M
x
Trauma - Dislocation '96
Chondromalacia, PFS '01
Shallow trochlear groove, Patella Alta & tight ITB dx '03
Right Modified Galeazzi, LR and scope 2004
Left Modified Galeazzi, LR  2005
Redo Modified Galeazzi, LR and scope and medial reefing 2007
Right redislocation 2014

Offline Ron22

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 0
Re: Need alot of help....
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2005, 02:39:01 AM »
m....pasta...any kind of cake.....fast food..pizza....any thing w/ rich sauces...sweets....ice cream....these will certainly put back on some weight..also a few pints of your fave lager...or some nice umbrella drinks..pina coladas....and the like would do it as well..

hope this helps..sending you good vibes..

ronnie
Surgery #1 ACL/LR/Mdl Mesniscus
Surgery #2 Vascular Repair
Surgery#3 ACL/Ltl Mesniscus/MCL
Surgery#4 Vascular Repair
Surgery#5 Maquet/Bone Graft/Screw/LR/ACL
Arthritis/Knee/Hip
Necrosis/Hip
PFS/Chronomalacia
RSD
Vascular Issues
All on Right Leg

Offline Jacko1975

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Re: Need alot of help....
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2005, 06:58:09 AM »

Hi,

Your probably losing lean muscle mass due to being laid up in hospital. I think they only way you are going to get this muscle  back is to be excercising to rebuild that muscle which (Im guessing) your probably can't do too much off. If your not eating properly or enough your body enters "starvation mode" and will burn fat and predominantly muscle to keep your body ticking over. This may explain the large weight loss.

You could gain weight easily by eating more calories than your maintenance level - this can be done by eating healthy foods - you dont have to eat just sugary/fatty foods. Eating a healthy mix of carb/protien/fat will also feed your body the key nutrients it needs to repair your body from the damage of surgery plus youll feel healthy inside.

I hope this helps and If I dont make much sense feel free to private message me.

Paul

Paul

support