Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: SUCCES 3 years post TTT  (Read 2211 times)

Offline Leentje

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 2
  • ER nursing rules !!!
SUCCES 3 years post TTT
« on: July 21, 2005, 01:41:54 PM »
Again I wanted to let all PFS/maltracking people know there is a way to a better life!

I am 28, female and 1 month away from my 3 year TTT anniversary (aug 21). I had been suffering from pain, dislocations and continuous subluxation since I was 14. Never grew out of it and I never exactly knew what was going on, untill I went to nnursing school and followed an orthopaedic course! Found a wonderfull OS at my working place who finally understood me and wanted to help me! Felt like heaven! After all those years!! By that time I was 23 and soon I underwent a LR that failed, followed by a TTT aug 21 2002. This surgery changed my life! I was scared to death to have it, having read all these negative stories, but I just went for it and trusted my OS. Thank God! Had agressive PT and was out of work 11 weeks, it took me 5 months to be active again, but now I am brace free, painfree most of the time and active as you can possibly imagine. Not a new knee but a knee I can live a normal daily life with!! I can do my job again without any fysical restrictions, I even turned into the ER! Not knee minded but I manage just fine!

I know several people have read posts about my fast recovery, but I wanted to let everyone know that it is possible to live a normal life after a TTT! Of course this won't last, but I enjoy life as it is now and my knee is not like a big part of my life anymore. It's just there, some times more present than other times!

Everyone have a great holiday!

Helena
Bilat patellar malalignment/PFdysplasia
00/06/83 L wrist #
11/12/00 L knee LR + chondroplasty
21/08/02 L knee TTT
02/03/04 L knee stretched PCL
11/09/07 L ankle dislocation/medial avulsion #
25/05/09 L ankle medial avulsion # AGAIN!
05/06/13 R ankle dislocation

Offline Nick_Knack

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 3
  • User's Text
Re: SUCCES 3 years post TTT
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2005, 07:33:52 PM »
why do you say it won't last?  isn't this a permanent fix?

Nick
1989 rt ACL (+25 degrees ext loss)
1994 rt ACL resection (+ 10 deg)
2001 rt ACL revision (+ 10 deg)
2003 rt med meniscus repair (+10 deg)
2004 rt LOA and post capsulotmy (zero degrees)
2005 rt LOA and tib bone plug removal (even w/ other leg)
2006 rt Fulkerson TTT & ACI Carticel

Offline Cari

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 0
  • User's Text
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2005, 03:40:35 AM »
Nick,

I am 2 months away from my 6 year TTT anniversary and my was as SUCCESSFULL as Helena's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

What my OS told me regarding the TTT being a permanent fix ( at least in my case) was that I should probably get a good 10 years from it due to the amount of damage in my patella femoral joint area.  There is a possibility that it stays successfull beyond a 10 year period BUT...he said alot of patients  has had some type of problems after a 10 year period passes.

Cari
open lateral release 10/85, various scopes 1994-1998 for debridement, medial release 11/98,  TTT(Fulkerson)& lateral release 11/30/99, screw removal 6/27/00, tibial repair 2/13/01, dx RSD 6/25/01

shadehawk

Re: SUCCESS - 3 years post TTT
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2005, 03:37:03 PM »

Cari & Helena,

It is so good to hear success. 

Both of you seem to be have great results from your surgeries.  Just to be able to get back on with your life again must definately make it worth all the rehab you have both been through.

Wishing continued success,

Shade

Offline smiley196

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 0
  • *I love soccer...miss you girls*
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2005, 08:59:12 PM »
Its good to hear you both have sucess with your TTT's!!!! congrats!
krista
*16 years old*
Left Knee:
Torn:PCL, ACL, MCL
SEVERAL dislocations
Grade 3 Chondromalacia
Medial & Lateral Meniscus tears
Plica Syndrome
Sept 14th 2005-(LK)ACL recon, TTT, menisectomy,plica removal

May 26th/06-Torn ACL(RK)

June 14th/06-(LK)ACL graft recon, screw removal, menisectomy

support