Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: help: 3rd ACL reconstruction needed.  (Read 1711 times)

Offline matthew rhode

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Liked: 0
help: 3rd ACL reconstruction needed.
« on: August 29, 2005, 01:48:59 AM »
hi, my name is matt.  12 years ago a ruptured my ACL.  i had two reconstructions.  the 1st was a disaster and although the 2nd had better results i have never had a totally stable knee.  i have never been able to return to sport as i couldn't twist or turn. a few days ago i passed a football ten yards to a kid in the park using the inside of my foot near my toes.  POP went my knee.  dislocated again.  although it has happen a couple of times since i had my reconstructions i know this time is different.  i'm sure my ACL's gone again. normally it hurts for a day and is then fine.  not this time.  pain around my medial tibia platue, reduced ROM and that old familiar feeling of instability.  obviously surgery has improved in this area since the early 1990s and i'm looking for a ray of hope.  can you have a 3rd ACL reconstruction?  what are the chances of it being a success?  in my 1st op they used my ITB tract and the 2nd time they used my patella.  what graft would be used this time?.  please someone, anyone give me some good news.  many thaks

Offline rockette

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 0
  • GET R DONE!!!
Re: help: 3rd ACL reconstruction needed.
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2005, 06:00:58 AM »
Mathew

You have had a tough time with that knee. The only news to give is that you should be seeing an OS. Nowadays, the surgeries are much less complex. I had the ACL ham graft (harvest) done in July. It has now been 6 weeks post op. There is very little incisions including the key holes. Perhaps you should ask about that proceedure. I am still healing but also walking at the same time. I wish you well. Let us know how it goes and take care.

Rockette
knee injury April 04-Brace CII crutches
epidural/cpm hospital 1 week June 04 MUA
scope Jan 05
acl recon pcl repair July7.05
Epidural/CPM/catheter Oct 11.05 UGH!!! MUA 4 days paralized
Ext prob/waiting for scope 06

support