Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: No more drugs (at least for now)  (Read 1844 times)

Stacey

No more drugs (at least for now)
« on: March 28, 2003, 02:47:09 PM »
Hi Everyone

Just wanted to post a little update.  I stopped taking any kind of anti-inflamatory or pain killer for hte last week and feel great at least in the knee department.  There is still a little pain but nothing that much different then when on the NSAIDS.  I havent even had to take a pain killler!  My wrists are still sore a lot but the nsaids wasnt doing anything for it anyways and thats just becuase of the major amount of typing i have had to do recently (a 700 line program to play Euchre, It sucks but it works :) ).  The only thing i have noticed is i have had a headache, cold symptoms (which i think is now a cold) and a bit of a 'nervous' stomach (you know when you just dont really want to eat) but that could also be stress from a family situation :(  Just thought Id let everyone know what was going on.  I wen to my GP a school on wednesday adn he is going to refer me to someone in the KW region so i dont have to wait 10 months and i go today to get a custom splint for my wrist made :(  Hope everyone is well :)

Stacey

Offline rhea

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 0
  • I think I can, I think I can, I think I can.......
    • Budgie Love!
Re: No more drugs (at least for now)
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2003, 09:49:38 PM »
Hi Stacey,
I'm also off all of my drugs except T2s on bad days.  The vioxx has ruined my stomach and the effexor made me really sick.  Isn't it amazing to get out of that druggy fog?  You start to feel alive again.  

I'm glad that you are getting in to seeing a rheumy with a shorter waiting list.  I hope you don't have to wait long.  Are you near toronto?  I saw Dr. Hamilton and she was pretty nice.  The wait for my 1st appt with her was only 3 months (the other appts were only 3 weeks wait) and she did several consultations over the phone as driving 4 hours to Toronto was quite hard on me.  

If you are interested in her I could give you her contact numbers that your GP could refer you to her.

I hope you are able to be seen soon, and that your family situation calms down for you.

(((hugs)))

rhea  
7 yrs of knee troubles (maltracking, maybe plica).  
Finally found wonderful OS(#4)!
Diagnostic scope+biopsy schduled for sept 23,2003  
HMS/EDS III
Chronic joint pain,subluxations,microtraumas...