Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Arthroscopy - Post-op  (Read 7872 times)

ariel

Re: Arthroscopy - Post-op
« Reply #45 on: September 01, 2005, 07:59:36 PM »
Thanks Caggs for the supportive words - and I hope you're doing well at your end with your post-op knee situation :)

Day 17[/u]

Knee's virtually healed from surgery - only tiny swelling over each portal hole now - Continuous burning/aching pain from the back of my knee down the back of my calf and into my foot as ever though - I'm beggining to suspect some kind of nerve type damage at the back of my knee - it's uncanny that I regularly get a cold "numb" ish tingling sort of foot in addition to the aching pain etc -  on a positive note, I'm going to step the physio up now and to that end I've got some sort of "theraband" type tubing today to do leg exercises with - lots of Ibuprofen and Paracetemol as ever - trying to keep spirits up and determined to find the source of the pain/injury at the back of my knee.

I'll be drawing this post-op diary to a close very soon and moving back to the rest of the site with normal questions or whatever as usuall.

Thanks to everyone for their support over the last few weeks - a few positive words means the world when you're alone and in continuous pain.

Thanks again,

Ariel

ariel

« Reply #46 on: September 03, 2005, 07:36:47 PM »
Day 19[/u]

Last post-op post today - (I'll be carrying on as normal on the rest of the forum though).

Knee's basically healed from the arthroscopy - went for a 1.5 - 2 mile walk yesterday - increasing aching pain throughout the walk - nothing new there, then - Ibuprofen and Paracetemol as ever throughout the day - Pain's still the main problem I have - it's been slightly stiff in the mornings lately though with a knawing aching pain on waking up - the stiffness goes after half an hour or so though but the pain continues and builds throughout the day - I've stepped up the physio now considering my ligaments atleast have been given a reasonable bill of health.

Anyways, back to the main part of the forum.

Thanks for all the post-op support everyone.

Offline Caggie

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #47 on: September 03, 2005, 11:55:20 PM »
wow go you great walk!!! Im really pleased for you :) i cant really walk 100 yards yet but hoping soon :) if youre anything to go by yeyyyyyy!!! thanks for your post its really helped me being a couple of days behind to realise that all the strange things i was experiencing werent quite so weird!!:)

Good luck for the future and long may you recover

Caggie

xx
L/K lateral Meniscectomy 19/08/05
L/K lateral Meniscectomy 07/10/05
L/K Open lateral cyst excision 11/11/05
L/K lateral Meniscectomy  in 2007
L/K lateral Meniscectomy 03/08/12
L/K lateral Meniscectomy/Chondroplasty 25/04/16