0 (0%)
Quit months ago ...
5 (35.7%)
Quit a year ago ....
3 (21.4%)
Quit years ago ....
6 (42.9%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Author Topic: I Quit Smoking!! - POLL!!  (Read 3866 times)

Offline Flame

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 0
Re: I Quit Smoking!! - POLL!!
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2005, 02:58:58 PM »
Shade- good job!!

Andy- Sorry to hear about your mom.

God Bless

Flame

Offline Natalie.D

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2005, 02:00:19 PM »
Hi all,

Well, I'll have quit for 7 weeks tomorrow!  I'm so pleased with myself  ;D  I'm now battling to get the excess weight off but I know that I'm still going to be healthier being overweight and a non-smoker than being the perfect weight and a smoker!  (cancer seems to run in my family so I don't want to increase my risk of getting it)  I managed to stop smoking with the help of patches which I used for the first couple of weeks and then went cold turkey.  Shade, you've done incredibly well, keep it up, I'm following you all the way  ;D

Natalie.
Dislocations since age 12
Trochlear Dysplasia
Maltracking
Hypermobile
LR/MR-failed
TTT, LR, MR L knee 95-Success
TTT, LR, MR R 02-Success
Screws out
Partial tear ACL
Severe end stage OA
4 Debridements
Partial Meniscectomy
Failed Microfracture
11mm Defect LFC
Bone Spurs, Kissing Lesions

shadehawk

« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2005, 05:14:00 PM »
NATALIE !!

It really feels so liberating to actually tell people that you have conquered the habit.  I know it feels so good and I really hope that we are able to keep up with & continue to be non-smokers.....

Congratulations,

Shade

Offline gdaddy

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • User's Text
« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2005, 11:14:19 PM »
Quit cold turkey June 20, 2002. Never had any craving. Now I can smell things and taste things better.
I used to have headaches (sinus) but those went away with the smoking. I have not had a headache
in over three years now, not counting relatives.

Offline rockette

• Forum Faithful
  • GET R DONE!!!
« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2005, 07:19:01 AM »
 SHADE!

It is good to hear that you quit smoking. I will be smoke free for 3 years this Sept 17.05 It was so tough for me to quit. I vowed that I was strong enough for the challenge. And a challenge it was. I said to myself " I want to quit before I turn 40 " Ta Da. I have 2 teenage boys who were extra supportive. My husband never smoked ever. Anytime I need to get away and have a walk, my boys came too and we would walk till dark sometimes. They loved it. Talk and talk.  We would bike together, hike and such. Since the injury, I've now been  held back. I won't give up though. I have been tried and tested when it comes down to srtess levels. I still have no desire to smoke. I even bought a new car and is it ever nice to get into it knowing how fresh it can be. It is a sweet smell. Hard to believe but true. I used to envy the people with that new car smell. Now I am one of them. Keep up the good work! Proud of anyone who can do it! Never give up!

Rockette
knee injury April 04-Brace CII crutches
epidural/cpm hospital 1 week June 04 MUA
scope Jan 05
acl recon pcl repair July7.05
Epidural/CPM/catheter Oct 11.05 UGH!!! MUA 4 days paralized
Ext prob/waiting for scope 06

shadehawk

« Reply #20 on: August 15, 2005, 01:05:05 PM »
Rockette

I agree with you.  It is a very good feeling to finally kick this habit.  I actually did not think that I could every do it, but here I am and still going strong. 

Does not seem to matter how many stressful things are thrown my way, I just do not want to start smoking again.  It was very hard to quit and do not want to go back there again....Quitting was the easy part maybe, staying non-smoking is the hard part.....Whatever the case I need more knee surgery and will not be smoking in the meantime...

Good luck to whoever has managed to ditch this habit....

Shade

Offline rockette

• Forum Faithful
  • GET R DONE!!!
« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2005, 06:13:06 PM »
 SHADE

Good for you. It will be 3 years for me this Sept.05 It sure goes by quick. I feel way better and my boys are happy for me. I have 2 teenagers who helped me with thier courage and support. They stood by be all the way. Heck, they even brag about me not smoking. I think that is cool. I have been through high level stress and still managed not to break down and smoke. I feel my mind is completely made up. Keep up the good work and keep breathing in that fresh air. If I can do it...anyone can do it. (20 yrs I smoked)
scope Jan 05

Offline rockette

• Forum Faithful
  • GET R DONE!!!
« Reply #22 on: August 15, 2005, 06:20:19 PM »
 Must have been tired lastnight and did a repeat of my last post. Ho-Hum...We Canadians must stay up too late.Ha! I see that our time frame shows a difference of  8 hours. Well there you go. Have a great day to you and keep the good work.

Rockette
scope Jan 05

Offline Natalie.D

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #23 on: August 17, 2005, 01:32:12 PM »
Thats me 11 weeks on Friday, :o I can't believe its been so long, I'm still determined and on track, even been out for a drink and didn't cave!  ;D  Mind you the past 2 weeks have been so easy because I've had tonsilitus and glandular fever so the last thing I wanted was a cigarette!  My partner is moving in with me this weekend so that will make it even easier for me to stay off them (he's so anti-smoking and HATES me smoking so I just couldn't have one when he's around even if I really wanted to).  Keep up the good work everybody, here's to a healthier future for all of us.

Natalie.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2005, 01:34:08 PM by Natalie.D »
Dislocations since age 12
Trochlear Dysplasia
Maltracking
Hypermobile
LR/MR-failed
TTT, LR, MR L knee 95-Success
TTT, LR, MR R 02-Success
Screws out
Partial tear ACL
Severe end stage OA