Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: broken ankle in France on holiday. please help  (Read 688 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline sparkle999

  • SuperKNEEgeek
  • *****
  • Posts: 1013
  • Liked: 0
broken ankle in France on holiday. please help
« on: August 12, 2005, 11:40:10 PM »
i'm hoping you can help me. My mother in law has broken her leg just above the ankle in two places whilst abroad on holiday. She has been operated on in france with various plates, pins and screws being inserted into her leg. When she finally gets to fly home, how do I find a good consultant to pick up her treatment?

Is it the same guys as knee surgeons, or is that a different specialist area.

Do i need to get a GP referral(UK) or can i just ring up a private consultant to pick up treatment. She is 67 and has been through alot already so i want to make this as smooth as possible without multple visits to GP, hospital, private clinic etc.

Let me know what you think. i can ring my own consultant but i only want to do that if he's the best person for the job.

Thanks in anticipation

forgot to say. south manchester UK
35 y/o
ACL rupture
loose body under kneecap
impaction fractures
injury 19th march 2005
scope 9th may
recon 24th october 05