Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Boney hard lump  (Read 1210 times)

Offline matt007

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Boney hard lump
« on: August 12, 2005, 03:39:39 PM »
Hey, I am a 15 Year old male and for the past 4 weeks have had/noticed a hard marble like lump on the front of my knee.  It is really hard and looks/feels like bone.  I think it has grown slightly, although not excessively.  I have had an x-ray where no abnormality was detected, can someone tell me whether this could be something serious like bone cancer or would the x-ray have picked this up? my doctor does not seem particularly worried although she has not told me exactly what she thinks it coudl be.  i am going on holiday in 3 days and am extremely worried.  Please help me with any information or ideas.  Matt   :'(

Offline morgan515046

• SuperKNEEgeek
    • Website
Re: Boney hard lump
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2005, 03:45:55 PM »
Matt,
I'm thinking maybe it could be Osgood Schlatter's disease. I know that you get a lump on the front of your knee when you have this. My friend has it and she has big "lumps" on both her knees. I would think about seeing an OS. In the meantime RICE, Rest, Ice, Compression, and Elevation. Good luck!
Morgan
*14 years old*

3/29/05 Track hurdle incident
7/6/05 surgery for menisectomy
8/9/05 Possible RSD???
10/11/05 Patella Tendonitis from not rehabing all the way.

VOLLEYBALL ROCKS!!!

Offline matt007

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2005, 03:51:13 PM »
Thankyou very much, i appreciate your help, i will look the disease up on google now to see the exact symptoms, do you have any more info on this disease?? Matt  :-\

Offline Mandy

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • You miss 100% of the shots you don't take
    • Knee Photos
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2005, 04:00:15 PM »
hey matt~

sounds like Osgood Schlatter's to me too.  but an OS is the one who has the final call as to what it really is.  besides seaching on google, there is section on the board called Overuse problems of the knee.  might wanna check some posts out there.  http://www.kneeguru.co.uk/KNEEtalk/index.php?board=23.0

good luck!
~Mandy :)
21 yrs old
12/04: plica removal (RK)
2/05: debridement, LR/TTT (RK)
6/05: debridement, LR/TTT (LK)
10/05: scar tissue removal/debridement (LK)
3/06: screw removal (both knees), debridement on TTT site (LK)
5/08: debridement, HTO, Maquet procedure (LK)

Offline matt007

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2005, 04:05:29 PM »
Thanks Mandy, i have been on google and i now think that this is most likely to be my problem - i think it is osgood schlatters, there is just one thing making me think otherwise and this is the fact that the lump is not so much below the knee as it is on top of it, i guess it is in the lower half of the knee but as osgoods is described, it would be below it.  Does anyone know whether it could still be osgoods even though it isnt exactly below?  I am very active and also going through a growth spurt which leads me to think you are right, i am still looking for other oppinions though.  Thanks Matt  ::)

Offline matt007

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2005, 04:17:06 PM »
Hi guys i know i am being impatient but if anyone has any ideas about what it may be, even if you think it is osgeeod schlatters too then please let me know, i want to know as much as possible.  Thanks matt  :-\

support