Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Just got back from OS Appt  (Read 897 times)

Offline desmoface

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Just got back from OS Appt
« on: August 10, 2005, 07:28:46 PM »
Hey gang, just got back from my appt.  Just a recap of my situation; Knee started to hurt after doing squat's...few months back...feels better now unless I walk a lot or overdo it then I get the sensation of heat/inflamation in the evenings, while trying to sleep, of course. 

He checked my knee, did x-rays...said my cruciate ligaments were all ok, then he manipulated my knee and said he couldn't feel/tell if there were any meniscus tears, didn't appear to be any but my symptoms sure indicated one.  Anyway, I get an mri August 19th; I'm afraid at what they will find.  He said something is causing the symptoms as they are obviously not normal.

He also mentioned something about Chondromacia? or something like that, something to do with cartelidge behind the knee cap but he said that would be a gradually increasing pain, my pain happened all at once, after that workout..so he said its probably not that..

Oh well, hopefully it's nothing too serious...

Steve

Offline Patty0513

• SuperKNEEgeek
Re: Just got back from OS Appt
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2005, 08:05:24 PM »
Hi Steve,
   I will keep my fingers crossed for you!  Hopefully you will hear good news from the MRI.  Until then keep RICEing and thinking positive thoughts.  Let us know the results.

Patty
P.S. Chondromalacia is a catch-all, outdated phrase for PFJ pain.

Offline desmoface

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2005, 08:07:34 PM »
Hi Patty, thanks a lot..

Steve

Offline Janet

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 2
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2005, 09:39:32 PM »
Actually, chondromalacia means a softening of the articular cartilege....the cartilege that covers the ends of bones (not the meniscus). In itself, it is not a diagnosis, as you would need to find out what is causing the thinning. Patty is correct that some doctors use it incorrectly, but it is an actual, real problem.

Janet
Torn quad tendon repair & VMO advancement 4/99, MUA with LOA 10/99, Patella baja and arthrofibrosis, LR & medial release & LOA 5/01, LOA & chondroplasty 6/03,TKR on 11/06, MUA 12/06. From perfect knees to a TKR in 7 years, all from a fall on a wet floor...and early undiagnosed scar tissue.