Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: ICE MACHINES RULE  (Read 4516 times)

Offline 3acldave

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Liked: 0
  • must check out WWW.AskYourSurg eon.com !!!!!!!!
ICE MACHINES RULE
« on: February 20, 2003, 05:42:28 AM »
Short and sweet...

Anyone facing surgury needs an ice machine.
I have had 3 acl recons.(1-1994,2-1998,3-2003) and I couldn't imagine going through it without one. Cold and compression, thats the key... I use a Breg 500 but I imagine they are all similar. They are SOOO quick and easy. I leave the wrap on all the time so when I need to ice I just hook up. All it takes is a quick snap and I am icing..

good luck all...

DAVID...3acldave
27...R acl 1994..L acl 1997..R acl again on 1/30/03.....prayer heals....

Offline skiknee

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Torn ACL in 1988, Torn medial meniscus in 1992
Re: ICE MACHINES RULE
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2003, 05:31:11 AM »
Where do I get one?  Is there a website for Breg?  What exactly is it?  Am thinking of having knee reconstruction and suspect I will need alot of ice.  Thanks.
Torn ACL in 1988, Torn medial meniscus in 1992,  Now knee popping out regularly and currently is totally locked - alot of pain - thinking about reconstruction

Iona_-Uk

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2003, 11:32:46 AM »
Hi Skiknee
You may be able to get one from ebay
http://www.ebay.com
http://www.ebay.co.uk

I think Rhea put up a post about how many were available recently, it's worth a try otherwise your pharmacist should be able to point you in the right direction for one.

Iona

Offline cm

• Regular Poster
  • User's Text
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2003, 06:08:51 PM »
Try:
http://breg.com/products/

I had one of these for my ACL reconstruction (the intermediate size - don't remember the name).   It was a lifesaver.   (Just watch slamming the insulated cable in the car door - that's what did mine in...)   It comes with a plug so it pumps ice water through the pad automatically or a hand pump if you're away from an electric outlet.   Very handy for trips to the doctor or any traveling you have to do.

Left knee ACL reconstruction w/hamstring graft and meniscus repair 10/00
Left knee bucket handle meniscus tear - partial meniscetomy 4/8/03

Offline Jennie

• Forum Faithful
  • LoveBug
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2003, 01:05:48 AM »
hi,

yes I would have to agree with everybody on the ice machine I don't think I could have got through my surgeries without it, it was my constant friend and companion ;D! I have a question though for anyone willing to advise, it is about my brace I have the J-sleeve brace and am waiting to go back to my os in 2 weeks to see what surgery is next for my subluxing kneecap, he wants me to wear it but when i do my kneecap rolls under the hole that it should go over and gets caught under there! It seems as though it causes me more pain with it than without so my question is until I go back should i just toss it or keep wearing it anyway? i used to love wearing my brace but now it kills me!!please offer any opinions.thanks

Jennie
21 yrs. old..Right knee injury. Ligament Recon 6-21-01, 2 LR's 3/02 & 9/02
TTT 11/08/02, patella and ligament recon 5/03
Recently dx with OA, Having hardware removed and knee scoped on 6/24/04

Offline Linds

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 3
  • worry about what you can change!
    • Linney and Kitty's Website
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2003, 02:25:49 PM »
I use a breg polar care 300, I had one after my ordeal with my LR, and it was a lifesaver and definately cut down on my needing pain meds.  My Mom and Dad recently purchased me one on Ebay, as I am still struggling with ongoing knee pain and problems. I would reccomend the machine to everyone. They are great.
LOVE THEM... and breg stands behind their products.
Take care, hugs
Linds
1997 Scope RK
2002 LR RK
2002 Scope and hematoma evac RK
2004 LR LK
May 06 Fall from Horse, partial ACL tear and meniscus injury, Tibial plateau injury
2007 Scope, Plica Excision and Debride LK
2009/2010- Possibly Ankylosing Spondylitis?

Iona_-Uk

« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2003, 03:37:20 PM »
There are a few on ebay.com at the moment

Iona

Offline charlesbigford

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2003, 04:53:52 AM »
I just got one from ebay ( polar care 500 )and it works great at 1/3 the price i paid 90.00 with shipping and i got two pads that the cold waster flowes though just one of them goes for 60.00 dollers by it's self . I would recomend ebay as i use it often but check the peaples feedbacks as you don't want to buy from someone with more than a few negitives with lots of sales . If they are new to ebay i would not buy from them. Buy from somone who would want to keep a good name like somone who has had lots of sales . Ask them lots of questions also .You have a risk of getting ripped of but i have bought many thiungs and have had very few problems .Good luck Charles
Quod tendon re-attached pulvorized femur, cortizon shots , 2 scops . lateral release with femur alograft inplant .

Offline KT

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Jumpin' 4 Joy
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2003, 12:49:55 AM »
I would not have made it through the pain without mine ... the Donjoy Iceman  

http://66.70.209.210/store/product2.html
Skiing = Communuted Lateral Tibial Plateau Fracture.  Pulverized tibial plateau down 1 inch into bone.  Reconstruction 3/12/03.  Skiing wasn't worth this!

Offline Leentje

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 2
  • ER nursing rules !!!
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2003, 12:59:52 AM »
I work on ortho and we use Cryocuff ice machines post-ortho surgery. I have been using one myself after my LR and it's great. Place those cold block thingies in the water (see picture :P), that way it stays cold for a long time!

Helena

Bilat patellar malalignment/PFdysplasia
00/06/83 L wrist #
11/12/00 L knee LR + chondroplasty
21/08/02 L knee TTT
02/03/04 L knee stretched PCL
11/09/07 L ankle dislocation/medial avulsion #
25/05/09 L ankle medial avulsion # AGAIN!
05/06/13 R ankle dislocation

Offline Linds

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 3
  • worry about what you can change!
    • Linney and Kitty's Website
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2003, 03:49:37 AM »
I love my Breg Polar Care 300. I had surgical complications with my LR last year...and I can't imagine what life would have been like without it. Check Ebay, they can be cheap on there..if you keep your eyes peeled. Take care
Linds :o
1997 Scope RK
2002 LR RK
2002 Scope and hematoma evac RK
2004 LR LK
May 06 Fall from Horse, partial ACL tear and meniscus injury, Tibial plateau injury
2007 Scope, Plica Excision and Debride LK
2009/2010- Possibly Ankylosing Spondylitis?