Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: fall from lorry  (Read 866 times)

Offline djkrazyk2000

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
fall from lorry
« on: August 07, 2005, 09:09:46 AM »
hi to all,
i recently had a fall from  a lorry and the resulting injury was one to my left knee. the injury occured when i fell straight legged to the ground, no twisting of the leg happened just straight on to the ground. so the impact was quite hard. there was no imediate pain although the pain got worse later in the day. during the night i could not hardly move my left knee area without a lot of pain.
I consulted my doctor later the nest morning and he examined me quite thoroughly and his conclusion was that i had not broke anything or sprained anything and that i had just internal bruising to my knee area.this was 1 week ago. Now during the day while at work i have very little pain in my knee although if i twist funnily it hurts and then wares off. Also after returning home and then relaxing through the night i have to tollerate the pain again until i have exercised the joint were once again the pain subsides.
Just wondered how long this pain will continue for and whether there were any steps i could take to make recovery quicker

thx
dj

Offline Nettan

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 7
  • Stronger then yesterday...thanks Sis...
Re: fall from lorry
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2005, 11:37:37 AM »
Dj,

try to RICE (rest,ice and elevate) as much as you can. It can take up to some weeks until you get better. Then get back to activities very carefully.If you get worse or pain doesn't get better in a month go back to the doc.
Good luck to you !!

Hugs Nettan  8)
Surgery 6 times left knee torn meniscus, RSDS,chondromalacia, nervdamage cause constant nervpain,chronic inflamm.
Spinaldamage wheeler 100%.
Right knee damaged aug-06, use brace surgery 4/9-07.LCL tear.

Offline djkrazyk2000

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Re: fall from lorry
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2005, 09:39:51 PM »
many thx huney

with this rice thing do i need lots of hugs and kisses

no but seriously thx for your response

;D
regards
djkrazyk