Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: TIBIAL PLATEAU FRACTURE  (Read 906 times)

Offline TWEEDY10285

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
TIBIAL PLATEAU FRACTURE
« on: August 03, 2005, 10:20:09 PM »
On the night of 25/06/05 i slipped and ended up with a grade 6 TIB PLAT FRACTURE.
I had 12 days in hospital, one opp, a plate and 4 screws, this is week 5 in a cast (i'm not sure who has climbed higher up the walls me or the wife!!) and in a week 11/08/05 the cast comes off (i hope).
So what have i got to look forward to?
From what i've read here PAIN seems to be the main thing along with a lot of hard work, would i also be right in thinking that you guys in the U.S. don't have the leg put in a cast or have i misread the entries.
If you don't it will be interesting to find out what other diffrences there are between treatments in the U.S. and the U.K.
All help with what i've got to look forward to will be lapped up.
              THANKS,
                  JOHN.

shadehawk

Re: TIBIAL PLATEAU FRACTURE
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2005, 08:57:09 PM »
John,

Can't really answer your questions.  Sorry about your injury - it is very hard to be layed up for so long.....

Check out the Patella-femoral Office section and look under Bone breaks around the knee - maybe some of the posts in there might help.  You could also check out the section called Rehab Dept and look under Post-Op Diary for people's personal stories after their injuries and surgeries.

You should really start a post-op diary yourself so that we can understand what you have been going through with your rehab and you can compare the different treatments between countries.  This information will help you as well as other people that will have these problems in the future.

Good luck,

Shade

Offline yippy

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 0
  • User's Text
Re: TIBIAL PLATEAU FRACTURE
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2005, 11:11:40 AM »
Hi John,
Have you had a chance to read entries in Bone breaks around the knee. I hope you are coping OK with your recovery from the fracture. I would agree with you that the treatment of these fractures definately varies from person to person but I think it depends more on the severity of the fracture and the surgeons preferences than which country you live in. I personally knew nothing about these fractures until I had one but boy has my knowledge blossomed in the last year. I hope by now you have your cast off and I guess now you are starting your physio.Do have a read on the other area as there are lots of people with good ideas on recovery.
Best of luck let us know how you are going.
Marianne
shattered tibeal plateau,Blocked artery
3 months in external fixation.
Rehab hicups
Nerve pain from artery repair
16/1/07 Osteotomy to repair plateau angle