Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: What's a good Football Knee Brace?  (Read 1033 times)

Offline lizbeth97341

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
What's a good Football Knee Brace?
« on: August 02, 2005, 10:53:43 PM »
My high school son is playing football for the first time this year. Coach says to get some good knee braces for protection. My son is 6'2", 245 lbs. Anybody have a high school football player who used knee braces? Thanks for all your info!

Ellie
Depoe Bay, OR

Offline raquetball1

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 0
  • RACQUETBALL--WALL TO WALL--INSANITY
Re: What's a good Football Knee Brace?
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2005, 05:17:00 PM »
I'm assuming from your son's size that you are talking American football?  If so, I believe that DonJoy is the only company making braces designed especially for bilateral bracing (bracing both knees).  The upper inner thigh portion has a cutaway to avoid knocking of braces in that area.  The specific brace is one of the Defiance line of custom made braces and sell for approx. 1500 American dollars each.  One great thing about DonJoy is that if you have a Dr.'s prescription for the braces, you can contact the sales rep. closest to your area directly, set up an appointment for fitting and bypass the orthopaedic supply company who will tack on extra moneys to make a profit even though a DonJoy rep. always does the original measurements for the brace. 

Best bet to make sure that DonJoy is brace of choice for bilateral bracing for Am. football is to contact an athletic trainer for the closest NFL team in your area and ask what braces their offesive linsemen are wearing. 

Hope this helps.
autopatellar acl recon Nov. 2004 at age 51

Congress shall make no law...abridging the freedom of speech.

support