Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: just went to the knee doctor and not sure of diagnosis  (Read 804 times)

Offline stacp1124

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
just went to the knee doctor and not sure of diagnosis
« on: August 02, 2005, 03:16:15 AM »
I am reseraching to find someone who knows about different knee injuries and the definitions basically! I was just seen by my knee doc for a pain that happen one week ago and i heard a crack or pull of something on the side of my leg, so after the one week i have massive pain in my calf and under my knee and a pulling sensationgoing up the back of my thigh, so bad it was inflammed until today went i went for x-rays i thought it was my meniscus again (post two surgeries 14 yrs ago) but when she was strecthing it she asked me if i was ever told about a "pull sis" i do not know if i am saying it right but i asked her two times and never had her write it down, so i need to know how to spell it to do some research. she took x-rays and said that the ligaments came away from the knee after i twisted and squated the knee and the pain in the calf is liquid draining ok i thought i understood but know i need the right spelling of the diagnosis  :-\ She gave me an injection for the pain and said if it does not heal in two weeks then an MRI will be done, sorry sooooo long but can someone help me????

shadehawk

Re: just went to the knee doctor and not sure of diagnosis
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2005, 09:12:10 PM »
Hi,

Welcome to KNEEguru.  You might want to check out this chart on knee anatomy

http://www.physioroom.com/images/anatomy/cartilage_tear_1.gif

Also, check out the section under Patella-femoral joint Office under Collateral Ligaments - there are posts in there that might help you.  Ice, elevate and take N'said's. 

Good luck & let us know how you are doing.

Shade

support