Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: patellofemoral arthrosis and resurfacing  (Read 1037 times)

Offline Flame

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 0
patellofemoral arthrosis and resurfacing
« on: July 30, 2005, 07:22:35 PM »
I hope I spelled all that right. Does anyone know what all that means? Aparently I have that and I have to have that done to fox my knee. The insurance company will not approve another scope but they said that the would allow an "open surgery". What does all this mean and how lon is the recovery time? Will this really fix my knee this time? Has anyone ever had patellofemoral resurfacing?

Flame

Offline reli-hunter

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 0
  • Evil Knees
Re: patellofemoral arthrosis and resurfacing
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2005, 07:41:03 PM »
Hi Flame.
Patella femural resurfacing is where they replace the head of  femur with a metal plate and a plastic button under the patella, web site www.avonpatella.com.
I had this surgery done on 18th March 05 (post op board under PFJR 18TH March 2005).
Leta was very helpful to me plus many others she posted with Elizabeth  and Sheila on the post op board under the title PFJR Dec 28th 2004, plus Elizabeth has posted on the success board.
If there is anythink you need to know Nancy (Quill) and myself (Jancan) post most days.
Best wishes jan.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2005, 08:15:41 PM by jancan »
knees giving way & locking since childhood, patella tendon transfer in 1969 left knee,
ateral release & Arthroscope 03/03 right knee,PFJR 18/03/05 right knee,           Arthroscope medial plica removed 10/01/06 left knee, 
PFJR or TKR on the left knee in the future

support