Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: "Joint Juice" and flax seed bags--great products!  (Read 3317 times)

Offline katya

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
"Joint Juice" and flax seed bags--great products!
« on: July 27, 2005, 11:11:20 PM »
First off--  "Joint Juice" is a 8oz can of 1500 mg of glucosamine in a carbonated liquid of Tropical juice flavor, lemon iced tea flavor or Tangerine Orange flavor. I get it at Costco-- 24 cans for about $14.00.  Within 1 week of a can a day, I could tell a tremendous difference in how my knees and ankles felt. I have recommended it to many people I know, and they have all tried it and consistantly drink it now (except for one who can't tolerate carbonated drinks). I'd recommend it to anyone who believes in the power of glucosamine.
Second-- Flax seed bags.  Buy whole flax seed (not the ground powder) from the bulk products bins in the grocery store. Get a plain tube sock, and fill it up with the flax seed (about 3 or 4 cups worth). Tie the end of the sock, and stick it in the microwave for about 2-3 minutes for it to get hot.  Put the sock wherever you hurt (around the ankle, over your knee, on the back of your neck, etc....)  The warmth lasts about 1/2 hr, but is really comforting.  Make sure it's not too hot to burn your skin.  You also might like to make a cover for it, so the tube sock doesn't get dirty, and the cover can be washed.  When you microwave it, the flax seed smells like baking bread!  This is a wonderful, easy way to get heat to an aching joint or muscle.
Enjoy!

shadehawk

Re: "Joint Juice" and flax seed bags--great products!
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2005, 12:58:58 AM »
Katya,

Hi, I have heard of this before somewhere on the site, probably the arthritis section - have never been able to find in in stores though.  It really sounds like a great product - hopefully some day I'll see it where I live.

Shade

Offline amlaboy

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Re: "Joint Juice" and flax seed bags--great products!
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2005, 12:04:00 AM »
Go to http://www.jointjuice.com/ 

There's a button on the right hand side that says Find your store.  Just type in your zip code and it will show you where it's available in your area. ;D
1st injury - motorcycle accident - 1986
2nd injury - trampoline w/kids - 12/03
DX: Absence of ACL.
ACL Cadaver Recon 9/30/05.

support