Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Durolane  (Read 22021 times)

Offline clueless

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Durolane
« on: July 27, 2005, 03:56:00 AM »
For those of you who are considering a Synvisc injection, you might want to find out if your doctor is familiar with Durolane. Durolane is also a hyaluronic acid injection, but only requires ONE injection. I had it done back in April and definitly benefited from it. The following is the URL if you want to find out more information about it:
http://www.durolane.com/Patients/DynPage.aspx?id=1046&mn1=449 . Here in Canada, its only recently become available and my experience is that most doctors and phyiostherapists are not yet familiar with it.

Clueless

Offline skilegs

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • User's Text
Re: Durolane
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2005, 10:47:40 AM »
My OS suggested I try this for my osteo-arthritis to knee.   How are you doing now after 5 months?  Did it give immediate relief - any information greatly appreciated

Offline Cari

• Forum Faithful
  • User's Text
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2005, 03:06:31 AM »
Thanks for the info!! I just had my 1sy Synvisc injection today in my now failing "good " right knee. I had them done twice 9 months apart 8 years ago for my left knee prior to my TTT and they helped but not long enough.

I am going to surely ask my OS about the Durolane when I see him next week for my 2nd injection. If he has heard of it and it is available in the US we might just have to try that when the SYNVISC wears off !!

Keep us updated as to how it helps you!!
Cari
open lateral release 10/85, various scopes 1994-1998 for debridement, medial release 11/98,  TTT(Fulkerson)& lateral release 11/30/99, screw removal 6/27/00, tibial repair 2/13/01, dx RSD 6/25/01

Offline clueless

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2005, 06:33:21 PM »
Skilegs, the following are the answers to your questions. It can normally take up to two weeks for Durolane to take effect, but I noticed a difference within 1-1/2 days. Over the course of a few weeks following the injection, my range of motion went from 121 to 140. From what I read, the benefits can last up to 6 months. I had mine done back in February and have yet to go back for another.

Clueless

Offline skilegs

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • User's Text
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2005, 07:12:34 PM »
Clueles - thanks so much for your encouraging reply.  Am still wondering whether to postpone the injection until my knee is worse but may now reconsider.   How many times can you have the injection repeated?

Offline clueless

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2005, 03:51:09 AM »
Skilegs, I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere that there is a limit to the number of injections you can have. However, Durolane normally works best for minor cases of osteoarthritis so as the arthritis progresses, the injections become less effective. I believe the same is true for Synvisc.

Clueless

Offline rmbraun123

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2008, 05:38:31 PM »
Clueless: It's been 3 years since you posted so I hope you are still around this board. Your link did not work. Do you have some newer experience with Durolane? My wife has real problems with her knee and I would like her to try this remedy. Would be grateful for a response

support