Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: I need your help  (Read 12952 times)

Offline JenSinclair

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 0
  • Canis meus id comedit.
Re: I need your help
« Reply #60 on: July 20, 2005, 12:05:16 AM »
Lynn,
They ROCK...and yes...I DESPERATELY want BOTH of them!

Did you get a big enough image for the KG logo to work on the back?  That's so excellent.

Peace,
Jen
LR/TTT 3 August 2006, RK
LR/TTT 16 June 2005, LK
CPMs are evil.

Offline tri-sport

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #61 on: July 20, 2005, 12:22:31 AM »
Yeah, I cleaned up the KG image, it took a while but the quality is much better.  I'm glad you like them  :D

(Just in case your only reading this page, I posted the sample images from the t-shirt's on page 4 of this string of messages- let me know what you think)

Lynn
« Last Edit: July 20, 2005, 12:26:32 AM by tri-sport »
04/Dec. 30- ACL allograft (ext 10, flex 90)
05/Feb. 15- MUA & scope (ext 24, flex 78)
05/May 25- Vail surgery-LOA,Chondroplasty, Synovectomy, Debridement,& Open posterior medial release (ext 5, flex 115)
05/Sept. 7- Vail surgery-

Current R.O.M. extension 0, flexion 144

Offline dimples3887

• Forum Faithful
« Reply #62 on: July 20, 2005, 01:20:27 AM »
I'm definitely a big fan of all of the graphics!!! I want to buy them now! They're awesome for the guys and cute for the women of the site too! Perfect idea!!
21 yrs. old
LK: 6/02-LR(fail)
     9/05-MRI shows patella bone bruise
     12/15/05-Medial reefing, LR, patella debridement (fail)
     TTT to be scheduled after RK TTT rehab is done...
Pain, clicking, and crepitus in both knees now...
RK: 11/19/08 - TTT

Offline My Sister Sam

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #63 on: July 20, 2005, 01:33:13 AM »
Lynn,

Fantastic work  -  Kudos to you!

« Last Edit: November 03, 2005, 10:51:14 PM by My Sister Sam »
'70 Auto accident - Salter Harris IV fracture distal femoral epiphysis - R knee
'71 R - Bony Bar Resection femoral epiphysis
'78 L - Epiphysiodesis
'79 R - Distal Femoral Osteotomy/LR
'04 R - TTT/Medial Reefing 
'05 R - Trochleoplasty/Medial Reefing/TTT
'05 R - AIR/LOA
'07 R - TKA

Offline Flame

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #64 on: July 20, 2005, 01:44:33 AM »
Lynn,

Excellent job!

Offline muskratsuzie

• Regular Poster
« Reply #65 on: July 20, 2005, 02:59:30 AM »
I've only been a member for a few months and I don't know if you already do this, but when I joined I remember listing my email address. If others are like me, I check my email daily. You could send out a monthly email to all members featuring some of the items for sale, information about the classes, maybe a knee related article, and a reminder to send a monetary donation. For me, this is how I usually remember to send donations and get interested in making an online purchase. For example, I signed up to receive the wildlife foundation newsleter and just this month in their email newletter, I saw a cute panda bear that I purchased. If I hadn't signed up for their email, I wouldn't have purchased the stuffed animal. I hope this idea helps and isn't a duplicate already...Thanks, Suzie
TTT & open LR on both knees, scar tissue removal, synovectomy, meniscus & cartlidge repair, debridement, medial reefing, chondroplasty, medial plication, 1 MUA, screw removals & more... LPKR 3/16/07 and RTKR scheduled on 3/6/08 - will be 20th surgery in all.

Offline kath

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • User's Text
« Reply #66 on: July 20, 2005, 03:53:23 AM »
Lynn...awesome job!

kath
Bi-lateral unicompartmental Nov 2004

Offline blackbeltgirl

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #67 on: July 20, 2005, 01:38:24 PM »
Suzie -

Great idea.  People could check if they do, or do not, want to receive that newsletter.  But it would definitely help remind people of the classes, and other non-bulletin board stuff on the site.  Even those could include sponsors - someone like the kneeshop (that sells all the expensive braces at huge discounts), or amazon, etc.

KG - can't you also set up an amazon store, so we can buy our books from amazon and the site will get some money?  I don't think amazon has tight requirements on doing the partnerships, and I imagine that as a group we spend a good amount of money there anyway.

Jess
ACI was supposed to be 2/21/06.  On 6/29/06 Insurance co said have another scope, and if it still looks good, they'll ok the ACI.
Microfracture Dec 7, 2004
   3cm x 6cm lesion, LFC; 3cm x 1cm lesion, trochlear groove; lateral tibial plateau lesion
2nd degree black belt, tae kwon do (had to stop)

Offline The KNEEguru

• Administrator
  • SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 115
  • The KNEEguru
    • The KNEEguru
« Reply #68 on: July 20, 2005, 02:12:23 PM »
Hi everyone
I will get around to answering all of you in time. Thank you for your efforts and donations.

Let me summarize a little:

1 Regarding my original question about the courses - ie why they were not humming with students - I did not get a lot of specific feedback, but it seems that there is so much free content available that paying for courses is simply not a popular concept. That's a pity as the courses take a long time to put together and I thought that  they would bring in steady income - but at least I know now that charging for them is not the way to go. I may look at corporate sponsorship for individual courses to recoup the time cost and allow them to be free to the delegates. I would not like to dump them, as they offer a different means of learning for the serious student.

2 My original question, however, led to much discussion about site revenue in general and how to generate it. It seems that one of the reasons why the site is popular is that participation is free and that the members feel a sense of ownership both of the site and its content. I would hate to destroy this, so I will not be asking for membership fees, but look forward instead to enthusiastic participation in schemes which are fun, such as the online shop.

3 I have also had many of you offer donations, and I would like to thank you for that. The KNEEguru company is just the website - although I was until 2 and a half years ago part of a bigger organisation including a clinic and an educational trust.  I decided after a bereavement to go it alone with the website, and I moved to France in August 2004 with my campervan, dog and tiny tablet computer.

I run the day-to-day part of the site almost single-handed, and Leah (based in the UK) helps me with the special interactive parts of it. It is an ordinary 'for profit' company - just not in profit to date, and I am the only shareholder and investor. This is a strength and a weakness. As the sole owner/employee I can be flexible and responsive. But if I dropped dead the site would probably drop with me.

This would be a pity. The site was a medical pioneer in its time. I have worked on it for 10 years, pro bono, and many of you have travelled along with me, also giving your time pro bono. I think eventually it may transmute into a not-for-profit company, but there are financial considerations and the time is not quite ripe.

I'm going to close this thread at this point, as I want to follow up some of your suggestions. If you have put forward ideas, I will do my best to explore them all, and get back to you if necessary for further discussion.

Thank you all again.

KNEEguru
« Last Edit: July 20, 2005, 02:16:16 PM by The KNEEguru »
--
KNEEguru

Offline The KNEEguru

• Administrator
  • SuperKNEEgeek
  • The KNEEguru
    • The KNEEguru
« Reply #69 on: July 26, 2005, 12:49:53 AM »
Hi everyone

I have caught up a bit, and decided to open this up again. I will try to answer  all of you in time.

I had such great suggestions from you, and it has spawned the new shop - http://www.cafepress.com/kneegeeks - amongst other things.

KNEEguru
--
KNEEguru

Offline The KNEEguru

• Administrator
  • SuperKNEEgeek
  • The KNEEguru
    • The KNEEguru
« Reply #70 on: July 26, 2005, 12:54:01 AM »
I've only been a member for a few months and I don't know if you already do this, but when I joined I remember listing my email address. If others are like me, I check my email daily. You could send out a monthly email to all members featuring some of the items for sale, information about the classes, maybe a knee related article, and a reminder to send a monetary donation.
It's a good idea, but I know I will fall down on this one. What I have decided to do, though, is to make a kind of colourful promo banner for the right hand side of the bulletin board, and keep it up to date with new products, courses etc. As the Google ads are automated, Google will pop my banner up there from time to time and everyone should be able to see it.

KNEEguru
--
KNEEguru

Offline The KNEEguru

• Administrator
  • SuperKNEEgeek
  • The KNEEguru
    • The KNEEguru
« Reply #71 on: July 26, 2005, 12:56:55 AM »
The top 2 images are the front of two of the shirts i have been working on.  The last image would be the back of both t-shirts. 
Lynn, We'll go with these ideas. They are good. But I need to work with you to get the graphic resolution up to the online store's standards. I'll private message you.

KNEEguru
--
KNEEguru

Offline The KNEEguru

• Administrator
  • SuperKNEEgeek
  • The KNEEguru
    • The KNEEguru
« Reply #72 on: July 26, 2005, 01:32:51 AM »
Some of you will notice the words 'Charter KNEEgeek' appearing next to your names in acknowledgement of a donation recently received. If I have omitted to acknowledge a recent donation this way, please drop me a private message.
Thank you.
KNEEguru
--
KNEEguru

Offline sienna

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Anyone seen the light at the end of the tunnel?
« Reply #73 on: July 26, 2005, 10:58:40 AM »
Well I just found this thread by accident via the News Box at the top of the page.
There are some very interesting points put forward.

I'd like to say that I very much enjoyed the first course on the patella and feel that any regular peson would benefit from this as it was easy to understand.  Having recently seen another doc, the ifo I now have made me feel much more in control.   So I would definitely recommend them.  I didn't mind paying for the course because I know I got expert information and the certificate was very professional.

Advertising is an option but I hope you are able to keep it under control.  There is nothing worse than seeing ads popping up everywhere you look.  I like seeing them down the side of the page.  They are easy to read if you want but at the same time not obtrusive.

I like the idea of tshirts and the shop.  I'm always telling people bout the website, friends and docs as well. 

KG, I hope that you can get more revenue in to keep this site going.  It would be a terrible shame if you were unable to stay afloat. 
I think that a combination of all the ideas mentioned here should and will help.
Once people know of your need, I'm sure they will band together to help out.
rk posterior meniscus tear. Successfully repaired 10 Sep,03. Now have nerve damage and cps which goes with it.  I want to slap the person who said 'It just takes time....'

Offline The KNEEguru

• Administrator
  • SuperKNEEgeek
  • The KNEEguru
    • The KNEEguru
« Reply #74 on: July 26, 2005, 03:32:15 PM »
Hi
I will try and keep the ads useful. Firstly, I have switched the front page Google Ad column into an 'Image Ad' space, which should be more interesting to advertisers. See http://www.kneeguru.co.uk. I'll see how it goes, and do something similar in the forum to draw attention to new site events and features.
KNEEguru
--
KNEEguru