Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Help needed family dont understand PTF  (Read 922 times)

Offline snowbunnybeth

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Help needed family dont understand PTF
« on: July 14, 2005, 11:30:56 AM »
I had had PTf since i was born but was only diagnosed  in April of this year, i also have knocked knees and my feet roll in. I'm 19 and my family do not understand the severity of my PTF. My physical therapist says that i am the worst case he's seen in all the time he's been working 15yrs. My surgeon also has the same oppinion. I've spent most of my life snowboarding and its all very scary thinking that i may never do what my entire life is based on. I was wondering if anyone knew any articles or anything to help show my family how i'm not just making a big deal out of nothing that something is really wrong and that it impacts on my every day life.

Offline Nettan

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 7
  • Stronger then yesterday...thanks Sis...
Re: Help needed family dont understand PTF
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2005, 02:17:17 PM »
PTF, have never heard of that, you don't mean PFS ?
Will try helping you out if so. It's hard when surrounding doesn't understand. Maybe they can come with you next time to your doc and hear what they doc have to say about it. When I developed epilepsy we made an appointment so both my kids and husband got to know what I had and what that meant.
Don't ever give in. There are lots of doc out here,maybe you need a second,third even fourth opinion to be sure if they can do something or not. I'm sure there are answers out there.

Hugs Nettan  8)
Surgery 6 times left knee torn meniscus, RSDS,chondromalacia, nervdamage cause constant nervpain,chronic inflamm.
Spinaldamage wheeler 100%.
Right knee damaged aug-06, use brace surgery 4/9-07.LCL tear.

Offline snowbunnybeth

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Re: Help needed family dont understand PTF
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2005, 12:59:27 PM »
Hey thank you that is really sweet of you. My knee caps are in the wrong blace my thigh bones and shin bones aren't aligned which is due to birth. My parents have tried coming to see my sergeon and physical thereapist with me but as the surgeon has said i dont want to do surgery get my rents take that as i dont need it  :(  even thought i'm the worst case both my physio and sergeon have seen with this condition. Wearing the insoles in my shoes to stop my feet rollin in can hurt. Sometimes i just want to come home and get a hug when i say i'm in pain. I dont mention it at work and so its just tough. I cant walk a long way for fear of not being able to get back. I'm not allowed to run etc it sucks. I just want to be snowboardin.

Your kind words have really made me feel like i'm not alone thank you so much. If you need anything let me know.

Beth

support