Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Knee Pain  (Read 849 times)

Offline tarmstro

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Knee Pain
« on: July 13, 2005, 12:00:52 AM »
Hello,

There is something wrong with the outside of my left knee.  It does not hurt when I do not move it, however, whenever I am running and when I make a cut to my right the outside of my left knee has pain.  Also, when I try to stretch it out by crossing my legs and putting my left heel on my right knee while I am sitting in a chair I feel pain just on the outside of my left knee.  As I mentioned, I can still run, except after doing lots of cutting back and forth on it it is very stiff and sore (just on the outside of the left knee)  Do you know what the problem may be?  Also, are there any stretches that would work to help rectify this problem.

Thanks

Offline beckyc

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 0
  • User's Text
Re: Knee Pain
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2005, 03:34:27 AM »
How much do you run? It could be something as simple as ITB syndrome, iliotibial band. It runs from your pelvis down the outside of your knee. Do you feel any instability, does it feel like it is going to give? Look up ITB syndrome and see if it sounds like what you have and find stretches, sorry don't know any of the top of my head. Also, use alot of ice and lay off the running for awhile.

support