Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Knee pain with questions  (Read 1062 times)

Offline dragonjc

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Knee pain with questions
« on: July 12, 2005, 12:19:33 PM »
Sometimes when I bend my knee I feel like something is looping over my knee cap and I have a deep pain.  So I relax my leg and then bend it again and it goes back to normal.  It is on the outside of my knee and when it is bent I can push against the outer edge (under and to outside of knee cap) and move something. 
I know that is kinda sketchy sounding description.
I have dislocated this knee several years ago and get the feeling sometimes that is is going out of place again. This feeling happened 2 times last week. I do have some swelling and pain under the knee cap.
When I flex my leg I have major crunching sounds and I can feel it crunching/grinding. It pops painfully also.

Any help? I have a doc appointment tomorrow with this and need some help in knowing what to tell him.  :-\

Thanks!
Imagination is more important than knowledge.
Albert Einstein

Offline Nettan

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 7
  • Stronger then yesterday...thanks Sis...
Re: Knee pain with questions
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2005, 03:26:39 PM »
Write down how it feels when this happens and how you have had it earlier in life, if it's a new doc. Have pen and paper on a table and write down immediately you come up on things you wonder about. Don't forget to bring the notes with you.Good luck to you !!

hugs Nettan   8)
Surgery 6 times left knee torn meniscus, RSDS,chondromalacia, nervdamage cause constant nervpain,chronic inflamm.
Spinaldamage wheeler 100%.
Right knee damaged aug-06, use brace surgery 4/9-07.LCL tear.

Offline dragonjc

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2005, 04:01:39 PM »
Thanks and I will.. just the problem of translating it all into german.  ::)
I am always nervous about going into something like this where I can feel that I need surgery.  I have had 4 operations on my right foot so far and 2 on my left knee so I am no stranger to this.

Thanks!

Dragon
Imagination is more important than knowledge.
Albert Einstein

Offline Nettan

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 7
  • Stronger then yesterday...thanks Sis...
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2005, 05:25:34 PM »
Are you sure they doc doesn't speak english ?Don't be nervous, there can just be a no or a yes to if you need surgery or not and when that day maybe comes you have to deal with that then.
Good luck to you !!/Nettan  8)
Surgery 6 times left knee torn meniscus, RSDS,chondromalacia, nervdamage cause constant nervpain,chronic inflamm.
Spinaldamage wheeler 100%.
Right knee damaged aug-06, use brace surgery 4/9-07.LCL tear.

Offline blackbeltgirl

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2005, 09:13:06 PM »
So you're a native english speaker, going to see a doctor in a german speaking country?

It's possible that the doctor will speak english.  Maybe with your german and his english, you'll manage to communicate clearly.  If possible, you may also want to bring along a friend or relative who is fluent in both languages.  Or at least a dictionary, so when he uses a medical term in german you can look up the equivalent in english.  (I've never heard of a language class teaching the words for things like ligament and cartilage.  Steak, bananas, how to ask directions.... and I've studied 3 foreign languages.)

Good luck.
ACI was supposed to be 2/21/06.  On 6/29/06 Insurance co said have another scope, and if it still looks good, they'll ok the ACI.
Microfracture Dec 7, 2004
   3cm x 6cm lesion, LFC; 3cm x 1cm lesion, trochlear groove; lateral tibial plateau lesion
2nd degree black belt, tae kwon do (had to stop)

support