Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: what should i ask my gp to do next  (Read 888 times)

Offline alibab

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
  • User's Text
what should i ask my gp to do next
« on: July 11, 2005, 07:17:54 PM »
i have had problems with my knee for seven months i have had a scan but nothing showed up my gp put me down for physio, i have been going for about 2 months she said my carltridge had worn down and i am walking bone on bone. my knee was very weak at first but going to physio has made it stronger but the pain is still there, i think my knee is subluxing also it crunches al the time. the physio said she can do no more for me and to go back to my gp. so what is my next step ? what else can my gp do, he wont give me another scan for about another 2 years ive been told i just have to live with it so what should i ask my gp to do next?

Offline blackbeltgirl

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 0
Re: what should i ask my gp to do next
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2005, 07:19:50 PM »
I don't know where you are, or how old you are, but if you're bone-on-bone that shows up in an x-ray (sometimes).

WHen you go back to the GP, ask for a referall to an OS - and find one who specializes in knees.
ACI was supposed to be 2/21/06.  On 6/29/06 Insurance co said have another scope, and if it still looks good, they'll ok the ACI.
Microfracture Dec 7, 2004
   3cm x 6cm lesion, LFC; 3cm x 1cm lesion, trochlear groove; lateral tibial plateau lesion
2nd degree black belt, tae kwon do (had to stop)

support