Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Not sure what I've done...  (Read 807 times)

Offline anglopete

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Not sure what I've done...
« on: July 11, 2005, 10:07:46 AM »
Hi, I'm a 27 year old male and have hurt my knee but am not sure what's wrong. I was playing football last week and landed awkardly on my right leg and twisted my knee. I instantly felt pain but was just able to walk, limping heavily.  My knee was swollen the next day but I have been able to walk on it.  However, fairly often I feel a snap (which makes a cracking sound) and then I feel a wave of intense pain to the right and back of my knee, which makes it very difficult to walk.   Also, if I walk on it for extended periods it becomes very sore.  I haven't seen a doctor for this (haven't seen one for 12 years!) but wondering whether this is not something that will clear up.  I'm wearing a support on it now, which seems to help.

Any suggestions most gratefully received!

Pete

shadehawk

Re: Not sure what I've done...
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2005, 12:02:46 PM »
Pete,

Sorry about your knee injury.  You might want to start taking N'saids and elevatinging  and icing that knee whenever you can also....that might help with the swelling and pain.

Sounds like you do not like going to doctors - get over that - call for an appointment with your GP and get your knee checked out right away.  Do not like the sound of your symptoms...whenever you have pain like that you should definately get it checked to make sure that nothing is broken or if injured that the proper type of bracing is used to heal the knee properly.

Good luck and let us know how you are doing.

Shade[/color]

support