Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Aaaargh!!  (Read 25941 times)

Offline jzzlvr13

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Liked: 0
  • User's Text
Re: Aaaargh!!
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2006, 04:30:22 PM »
Do I ever agree! I'm seven months out from TKR, was doing great, just nerve pain over the knee when I went on vacation. I told my brother that of course I could use the upstairs bedroom this year......wrong. After ten days of climbing stairs all day, I could barely walk when I got home. It's been three weeks and I'm still back to using my crutch in an attempt to give the muscles total rest. I think it's working and will be back in a few days but I was not a happy camper!! I had been walking for exercise, up to 40 minutes a day, but I guess stair muscles are a different bunch! I get to have my second knee done in two months. It will be my fifth operation on my legs in five years and it's ENOUGH! I wish you luck...wish me luck.
Take care,
Barbara
59yo...osteo both knees
femoral osteotomy right leg 2002
femoral osteotomy left leg 2003
straight legs...blown right knee
TKR in future..how near..who knows???
But will keep on keepin' on

Offline MaeRose

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Re: Aaaargh!!
« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2009, 06:19:19 PM »
I used to get bored out of my mind swimming, which is the only exercise I can do because of my bad knees.  Well, I bought a SwimP3, which allows me to listen to audiobooks while I swim.  It's a little water-proof MP3 player that can be easily loaded from my computer.  It works quite well.  I get so interested in the books that I can put in a lot of time swimming and not be bored at all--the time flies.  I have "read" 4 or 5 books this way--long ones.  As for stairs, I'm buying one of those little chair lifts that go up the stairs.  I never thought I'd resort to that--but I am!  I'll probably have to get a total knee replacement this year or next, and I figure the little chair will help me keep the new knee longer!