Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: 6 times in 3 years. I need help  (Read 5561 times)

Offline donna27

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Re: 6 times in 3 years. I need help
« Reply #30 on: November 26, 2005, 05:32:02 PM »
Hi Callum,
Glad you've finally been diagnosed! Good look for your recovery!. At least there are no probs with meniscus etc so far.
I've just started jogging - only manage about 2 mins before my knee starts to hurt but I've had serious muscle problems. Fingers,toes and knees crossed you'll have a swift and smooth recovery.
Donna x
May 2005 ACL recon (patella) and medial menisectomy
May 2004 diagnosed with torn ACL
June 2003 tibia fracture due to knee instability
1997 arthroscopy shaved away 'flapping' cartilage
1995 Initial knee injury

Offline Kayls23

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 0
  • Silly knees!
Re: 6 times in 3 years. I need help
« Reply #31 on: December 30, 2005, 12:41:23 AM »
GPs are a load of nonsense. Unless you've got a common cold or something. When I was 12 years old I was having really, really bad pain in my right knee, the kind of pain that makes a 12 year old shut themselves up in bed and do nothing but cry. My mother took me to see the GP and she said, and continued to insist, that I had nothing wrong with me other than growing pains  ::). Fast forward three years and I'm having major surgery. It took my mother six months to convince the stupid doctor that something was wrong with me and I suspect that she only eventually referred me to a PT after being slightly intimidated by my mother one day when she insisted for the 60th time that there was nothing wrong with me.

When your knee starts to hurt again, go straight to Accident and Emergency. Exaggarate the pain if need be, but at least you should then be referred to an OS. Say that you've been having trouble with your knee for a long time, but this time the pain was near unbearable...

Anywho, good luck!
Hope the silly GPs will come to their senses!
Femoral lateral wedge osteotomy in March 05, to correct Valgus Deformity.