Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Constant Clicking  (Read 814 times)

Offline BenM

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Constant Clicking
« on: July 10, 2005, 12:52:10 PM »
Hi All,

12 months ago i suffered a full dislocation of the patella.  Did all the exercise that was required from the physio who i kept seeing till 6 months after the incident.  I have been walking, jogging etc to try to rebuild the muscles round the knee.  However everytime i bend my knee through to about 40 (which is quite a lot obviously!)  degrees it clicks twice.

Anyone got any ideas or is it just something i'm going to have to put up with?

Cheers

Offline Mandy

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • You miss 100% of the shots you don't take
    • Knee Photos
Re: Constant Clicking
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2005, 06:45:17 PM »
hey BenM~

welcome to the board.  i used to have clicking like you describe before my TTTs.  you may have done some damage under the kneecap when the dislocation happend.  the majority of clicking that i have heard about usually is a sign of patello femoral pain syndrome (PFS).  other than the PFS, your knees may be maltracking which could cause the clicking.  in my experience, i had both maltracking and PFS. 

does it hurt going up and down stairs?  does it click when using the stairs?

you may wanna try looking in the patello femoral joint part of the board.  alot of people are experiencing the same as you, so you are not alone! 

~Mandy :)
21 yrs old
12/04: plica removal (RK)
2/05: debridement, LR/TTT (RK)
6/05: debridement, LR/TTT (LK)
10/05: scar tissue removal/debridement (LK)
3/06: screw removal (both knees), debridement on TTT site (LK)
5/08: debridement, HTO, Maquet procedure (LK)

Offline BenM

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2005, 07:09:27 PM »
Hi Mandy, thanks for the reply.

The clicking is at its worse when using the stairs and everyone tells me it sounds awful. If i place my hand over the knee cap when bending the leg, it isnt a smooth motion and it just doesnt feel right (vague i know, but i don't know how else to describe it!). I don't get pain all the time with it so i am quite lucky but sometimes it can get quite bad after a busy day.

Offline Mandy

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • You miss 100% of the shots you don't take
    • Knee Photos
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2005, 08:17:46 PM »
hey ben~ 

so when the kneecap makes the clicking feeling, does it feel like it kinda goes outta place?  if it does, you probably had a partial dislocation called a subluxation.  if youve tried ice and resting, and its still not improving any, i wouldnt hesitate to go back to your OS or find another one specialized in knees.  they might have other treatments available before surgery would ever be a factor.

good luck with everything and let me know how everything is!
~Mandy
21 yrs old
12/04: plica removal (RK)
2/05: debridement, LR/TTT (RK)
6/05: debridement, LR/TTT (LK)
10/05: scar tissue removal/debridement (LK)
3/06: screw removal (both knees), debridement on TTT site (LK)
5/08: debridement, HTO, Maquet procedure (LK)