Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Siting Indian style, knee comes out of joint, exercises or see a doc? Thanks!!!  (Read 2869 times)

Offline JaxMike

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
After reading some of the traumatic issues posted here, this seems trivial.  But here it goes: 

I was born with dislocated hips, no biggie, I've always walked a little toe out, no biggie, but just over the past few years when I sit Indian style on the floor, the right knee slips out of joint and there is much pain if I try to straighten it before relocating it back into socket.  A few months ago, I quickly straightend it by accident and excruciating pain followed as it popped its way back into place.  I feel fine now after babying it for a month or so, but should I see a doc about it or just find some kind of exercises to strengthen the outer muscles?

Thanks!
« Last Edit: July 09, 2005, 11:03:45 PM by JaxMike »

shadehawk

Hi,

I'd definately go to a GP and be checked out before undergoing any kind of exercise program.  If the GP is unsure they will send you to an OS to be assessed.

It is always better to be safe than to start some exercises that could cause more damage to your knees....

Good luck,

Shade

Offline rozzzie

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • smile:a little curve that strightens everythig out
I agree with shade, get it checked out and find out what's wrong before you try building up muscles.  If you build up the wrong muscles you could cause more problems.

Rozzzie
OA of knees since 85 
93 scrambled ankle - PE
98 PE
99 anlke fusion
04 hit by car broken leg, ribs AC joint seperation
RTKR  Dec 1 2005
LTKR. IM rod removal March 16, 2006

Offline WICowgirl

• Forum Faithful
  • Tryin to beat my knees
Jax

Definatly get it checked out!! I can not sitt indian style or even put my ankle across the other knee and let the one knee "hang" cause they pop out of joint!!  And trying to build up the muscles hurt me so I have backed off that til after my surgery on the 13th!

Good Luck
Heather H
29 yo from Wisconsin
2 Bad Knees
LR + MR + poss. TTT on right knee July 13th

Offline JaxMike

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
That makes more sense I guess.  Better to be safe than sorry.  Thanks everyone. 

Offline WICowgirl

• Forum Faithful
  • Tryin to beat my knees
Jax,

Sorry for no explanation with my post!  On the 13th I am going in and having a lateral release(cutting the outside ligament), medial reefing(tightening of the inside ligament), and possibley a TTT(moving the ligament that goes from the bottom of the kneecap to the tibia more to a different way than what it sits now for me tward the inside of my tibia).  I have mal alignment as well as a pattelular(sp?) tilit.  I hope that cleared some of it up. This is an awsome site to get any information!

Sorry Again
Heather H
29 yo from Wisconsin
2 Bad Knees
LR + MR + poss. TTT on right knee July 13th

support