Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Please help!!!  (Read 596 times)

Offline Chispita

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Please help!!!
« on: July 08, 2005, 05:08:17 PM »
I'm 21 years old. About two weeks ago, my left knee started to hurt. I haven't fallen down or been doing any sports other than swimming. It doesn't hurt all the time, just when I bend the knee or try to walk up or down the stairs. I cannot put my body weight on it when bending the knee or like I said, going up the stairs. I can go up the stairs if I keep it straight and help myself up with my arms. I can sometimes hear a clicking sound when bending. When I feel the pain, is to the side of it (facing out the body), not the entire knee. Other than that, I can walk normally and carry on, but this is drving me nuts because I cannot really use the stairs and must be careful when getting out of the bed or standing up from a chair. Do any of you have any idea of what this may be? I need help!!!  :o Thanks everyone!

shadehawk

Re: Please help!!!
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2005, 05:41:09 PM »
Hi,

Welcome to the board, sorry about the knee though..have you been icing, elevating and taking N'saids for the pain.  Think you just might have over done it with swimming.  You can as you do not have any friction while in the water. 

Probably did not hurt anything and after some elevating and icing you should be back to normal - if not go to your GP and get checked....

Good luck,

Shade[/color]