Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Has this happened to anyone else?  (Read 722 times)

Offline painisevil!

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 0
    • Knee Pics
Has this happened to anyone else?
« on: July 08, 2005, 04:45:31 AM »
hey all!

here i am again w/ yet another question.  so i had a cortisone shot w/ novacane on the 24th of june, (i posted about it a while back) but i still don't think what i'm experiencing from it should be happening.

so the first 2 days were complete hel,l couldn't weight bare or bend the knee.  then i had a few days of no feeling in the leg then i started having little bits of pain, and now here i am 2 weeks or so later and all my pain is back, and w/ a vengence i might add.
so does anyone have any idea what the heck is going on?  maybe i just had a weird reaction to the novacane or something?  o and how long does it usually take for the cortisone to kick in?  i see my OS on the 18th and i dont really know whats ahead for me if the cortisone works or not.  well thanks everyone in advance.

Sandy:)
~*15 yrs. old*~
~*PFS 3 yrs.*~
~*knee pain since May 02*~
~*osgood schlatter(spelling?) rt. knee*~
~*diagnosed severe misalignment- both knees*~
~*P.T. off and on for 3 yrs.(grrr)*~
~*trying to get a real diagnosis*~

Offline Nettan

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 7
  • Stronger then yesterday...thanks Sis...
Re: Has this happened to anyone else?
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2005, 07:19:27 AM »
The cortizone should have worked for you now. You did get some day of painrelief but not more then that.
I don't know what the doc will do now. Hope he can come up with something so your pain get down.
Thinking of you !!

Hugs Nettan  8)
Surgery 6 times left knee torn meniscus, RSDS,chondromalacia, nervdamage cause constant nervpain,chronic inflamm.
Spinaldamage wheeler 100%.
Right knee damaged aug-06, use brace surgery 4/9-07.LCL tear.

shadehawk

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2005, 12:55:22 PM »
Sandy,

Good luck at your appointment on the 18th.  Sounds like you did not get any relief from the cortisone - that is too bad.  Sometimes people get up to 6 months relief from injections - sometimes nothing.

Let us know how everything goes.

Shade[/color]

Offline painisevil!

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 0
    • Knee Pics
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2005, 09:50:23 PM »
thanks shade and nettan.  i wish i could say today is a better day :-\ but unfortunately i can't.   both knees are really acting up and i'm having trouble standing for more than a few mins :(.  plus as much pain meds as i take nothing is strong enough to even slightly ease my pain.  well i'll keep you all posted. thanks.

Sandy:)
~*15 yrs. old*~
~*PFS 3 yrs.*~
~*knee pain since May 02*~
~*osgood schlatter(spelling?) rt. knee*~
~*diagnosed severe misalignment- both knees*~
~*P.T. off and on for 3 yrs.(grrr)*~
~*trying to get a real diagnosis*~