Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: 3 months post op meniscus surgery and still having pain  (Read 745 times)

Offline loris

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
3 months post op meniscus surgery and still having pain
« on: July 07, 2005, 05:27:18 PM »
I had arthoscopic knee surgery for a cyst/meniscus tear in early April.  Followed pre surgical knee strengthening exercises, etc.  HaA surgery, two weeks later major pain in calf area and knee...therapy...made progress but at 6 weeks still had medial pain and later developed knee cap popping which I still have today.  Pain in medial area is slowly getting better but I still get some sharp attacks and the knee in general is stiff compared to what it was before even though I am continuing to follow pt exercises,etc. and pool therapy.  Last vist to the doc he said the knee did not look to bad and continue to exercise and take ibuprofen and now start taking glucosamine chondroitin.  I am an active personand try to keep in good shape.  It seems like something else may be going as my recovery seems to be excessive to me. Since this is my first surgery/experience with this knee stuff any comments from the crowd would be apprecaited.  Most folks that know me think I need to see another doctor!     

Offline Nettan

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 7
  • Stronger then yesterday...thanks Sis...
Re: 3 months post op meniscus surgery and still having pain
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2005, 07:11:50 PM »
Hey !!

You say the knee is stiff. Have you got full ROM ? If not there can be scar tissue making this.
Did you have meniscectomy or repair ? This make a total different regarding how long time it take to heal.
Have you other problems in your knee like cartilage damage or arthritis or was it just this meniscus and cyst ?
For some it can take more times then others to get back to normal. But if you have people surrounding you also thinking you should get second opinion why not do that.

Hugs nettan  8)
Surgery 6 times left knee torn meniscus, RSDS,chondromalacia, nervdamage cause constant nervpain,chronic inflamm.
Spinaldamage wheeler 100%.
Right knee damaged aug-06, use brace surgery 4/9-07.LCL tear.

Offline loris

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Re: 3 months post op meniscus surgery and still having pain
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2005, 07:17:30 PM »
I am not aware of other problesms such as arthiritis, etc.  before the surgery.  Rest of the knee looks pretty good (even the doc said so) per my MRI.  It may be I am a slow healer (or I try to tell this to myelf to keep me going)!

Thanks for the hug :)