Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: upcomming surgery---July 6th---  (Read 1413 times)

Offline morgan515046

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 0
    • Website
upcomming surgery---July 6th---
« on: July 03, 2005, 07:00:37 PM »
Hi everyone!!!
I am really nervous about my upcomming surgery on the 6th. It is to possibly repair the lateral meniscus if he can and take a look at my grade III LCL. i was wondering if there is anything that i need to ask my OS before surgery as i didnt have a pre op appt. because he is about 4 hours away. I am already going to ask about the tingling i get in my leg when i am  sitting or at least mention it. also i am wondering if he is going to talk to me after surgery?? and tell me instructions and all that stuff.
thanks for any replies!!!

Have a gr8 4th of July!!!!! 8)

Morgan
*14 years old*

3/29/05 Track hurdle incident
7/6/05 surgery for menisectomy
8/9/05 Possible RSD???
10/11/05 Patella Tendonitis from not rehabing all the way.

VOLLEYBALL ROCKS!!!

Offline xXxpunkrockerxXx

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
    • My xanga site
Re: upcomming surgery---July 6th---
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2005, 07:08:49 PM »
hey my name is morgan too...lol well thats cool. I also have a torn meniscus and if you could post on my entry that would be great, b.c i am just as about as lost as you are...and i could be getting surgery
*15 y.o*
4/05 Torn Medial Menicus
6/05 Torn Acl

Please..just let me get back to my soccer and softball!!

Offline rozzzie

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • smile:a little curve that strightens everythig out
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2005, 07:09:52 PM »
Hi Morgan,

I would ask the sergon to tell you after the surgery what he did and what you need to do to get the best recovery.  He sould, but since you're young he may just plan to talk to your parents.  

G O O D    L U C K   on    J U L Y     6 !  !  

Rozzzie
OA of knees since 85 
93 scrambled ankle - PE
98 PE
99 anlke fusion
04 hit by car broken leg, ribs AC joint seperation
RTKR  Dec 1 2005
LTKR. IM rod removal March 16, 2006

shadehawk

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2005, 07:54:23 PM »
Morgan,

If you will be seeing your OS just before surgery - you could ask him/her for a written report of what was done during surgery and what he /she expects post-op.  There are plenty of nurses in the OR that could type it up.....

GOOD LUCK ON JULY 6

Sending good vibes your way ..................

Shade

Offline morgan515046

• SuperKNEEgeek
    • Website
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2005, 07:58:49 PM »
thanks for the good vibes and hiugs everyone.....i dont mind him telling my dad im just afraid that he wont tell me everything or he will forget something  if ya know what i mean......

shade, do you know how long after this you can get the incisions wet....well how long they take to heal. My PT told me that it would help to get in the water and move it around in like our pool so i was just wondering if you or anyone else for that matter new....

thanks for the support!!!!

Morgan
*14 years old*

8/9/05 Possible RSD???

VOLLEYBALL ROCKS!!!

Offline jklodico

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2005, 06:15:07 AM »
HI

I came to this web site to find questions for myself. I will tell you some things you may want to know. First you may want to question allo graft vs using your own tissue because when you do an auto graft your are actually damaging your own body so now you have an additional area to heal.

I just had ACL/LCL allo graft repair , i went to pre op appt but i still have tons of questions.

what I do know is that you will  have to expect a slow recovery..  follow your PT explicitly the most important thing they will tell you is that full extension is the most important.. make  sure you ice/(cryocuff) all the time to reduce your swelling as soon as possible . do your foot flexion extension pumps  all the time, also quad sets are important.

I just had my surgery 2 weeks ago and my quad, calf, anterior tibial muscles are about half their size but there is nothing you can do.

I'm not trying to scare you just telling you the facts. personally i think it is scarier not knowing.

john

Offline jklodico

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2005, 07:16:38 PM »
hello

how did your surgery go? have you startred PT yet?

john

Offline Mandy275

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2005, 11:12:12 PM »
Hi Morgan,
I am having surgury myself it is scheduled for July 26th, and I am scared to death.. I mostly dont like the idea of being put to sleep.  I was wondering if you could tell me how yours went, and a little of what to expect.

Thank You,
Mandy    :-\

Offline Southrnbellal

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2005, 12:52:23 AM »
Hey there my name is Amy, uhh i havent had a Repair yet thats actually what I'm about to go through, but I have had a menisus however you spell it tare twice already one in my left(14yrsold) and one in my right knee(16yrsold), i have had both surgeries for that where they just go in and scope it, i was able to walk on my knee the 2nd day like the first few times it just feels like its gonna go out and its cuz of all the fluid, i was happy with my first surgery but not my 2nd, but i wouldnt be worried about scopes those are very easy and i was tumbling and playin tennis and cheering 3weeks later after the surgery, but if any one could tell me what goes on after the repairs and scaring i would greatly appericiate

Offline morgan515046

• SuperKNEEgeek
    • Website
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2005, 05:52:27 AM »
i have another post regarding my surgery check it out: http://www.kneeguru.co.uk/KNEEtalk/index.php?topic=18505.0

John, Mandy, and southrnbellal just PM me if ya have any questions or want to know something!

Morgan  ;D
« Last Edit: July 11, 2005, 05:54:52 AM by morgan515046 »
*14 years old*

8/9/05 Possible RSD???

VOLLEYBALL ROCKS!!!

support