Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Desperately Seeking Extension  (Read 784 times)

Offline nanlev

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Desperately Seeking Extension
« on: July 06, 2005, 09:29:24 PM »
Hi all,

I had microfracture performed on my left knee on June 2. At my one week follow up the OS told me I needed to get on a stationary bike and work my way up to 30 mins on the bike. Well, unfortunately, I did not have access to one right away, but used the pool in the meantime. I started on the bike 3 weeks or so after the procedure. I went back to the OS and he was very disappointed at my progress in extending my leg. I've been trying to extend, but it is very painful. I was given a few exercises on this post that I could try, which I have. I see some difference, but I'm afraid it won't be enough for my OS (who's given me very little guidance up to this point) with whom I have a follow up this Friday and he said he will send me to PT if I haven't made any progress. I can walk just fine without much pain, however I cannot completely straighten out my leg when I do. Anyone experience this with this procedure? Any input from your own experiences would be great. Everything I've read has surprised me that I was diagnosed with such severe chrondral defects at 30. I dislocated the patella of the same knee when I was 15, perhaps that has something to do with it, the OS was not able to tell me conclusively if it did. Thanks for your help!
 :)

Offline sparkle999

• SuperKNEEgeek
Re: Desperately Seeking Extension
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2005, 09:32:46 PM »
Hi
being sent to PT is actually a GOOD thing. They teach me to walk better, have better posture, balance, strength and LOADS of stuff! It's worrying seeing the OS again(I see mine tomorrow) but they are renowned for being 'disappointed' so don't take it personally.

I love my PT. She's fab and has made me LOADS better. I hope you find a good one too.
xx
35 y/o
ACL rupture
loose body under kneecap
impaction fractures
injury 19th march 2005
scope 9th may
recon 24th october 05

Offline Nettan

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 7
  • Stronger then yesterday...thanks Sis...
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2005, 06:30:49 AM »
A pt to help you out might be the best solution. Don't be scared meeting your OS, you do the best you can and remember we are all different. It can take more time for some and less time for others.
Juts be sure do as much excercise as you need and don't give up.

Hugs Nettan  8)
Surgery 6 times left knee torn meniscus, RSDS,chondromalacia, nervdamage cause constant nervpain,chronic inflamm.
Spinaldamage wheeler 100%.
Right knee damaged aug-06, use brace surgery 4/9-07.LCL tear.

Offline nanlev

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2005, 09:45:51 PM »
Thanks sparkle999 and Nettan! This is such a fabulous site. I'm so happy I came across it!  ;D

support