Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: 1st soccer game in 6 months  (Read 1835 times)

beth8466

1st soccer game in 6 months
« on: July 05, 2005, 05:21:15 PM »
 :-\  ??? .... well its almost been 6 months since I have played in a soccer game and tomorrow is giong to be my first one... I am sooo nervous. I have been practicing since 4/5 months post- op but the thought of playing in a game gives me butterflies.. And next weekend we have a tournament.. so I'm a lilttle nervous up in here. Any words of encouragment... :)

Offline blackbeltgirl

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 0
Re: 1st soccer game in 6 months
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2005, 05:59:20 PM »
Beth -

Just have FUN!!!!!  I'm sure you've missed soccer, and the whole team thing.  You are a success story, and there are a bunch of teens on this board looking to follow your footsteps back onto the field.  I'm sure you are a serious athlete, and in most cases the whole "just have fun, don't worry about winning" thing is inappropriate.  But for your first game back, just have fun!  It is proof that all that time in rehab was worth it.  Plus, I'm sure your coach wouldn't play you if you weren't ready for it.  It's his job to worry about who to play in what position.  Your knee will hold you - you've been practicing, you've got the go-ahead from your OS, you've got the brace if you need it. 

And report back after the game - there are others who could benefit from oyur good news.

Jess
ACI was supposed to be 2/21/06.  On 6/29/06 Insurance co said have another scope, and if it still looks good, they'll ok the ACI.
Microfracture Dec 7, 2004
   3cm x 6cm lesion, LFC; 3cm x 1cm lesion, trochlear groove; lateral tibial plateau lesion
2nd degree black belt, tae kwon do (had to stop)

Offline scarlit_sky

• Forum Faithful
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2005, 06:11:02 PM »
Good luck with the game. I know you are nervous... I know I will be if and when I can get back on the field, but you will do fine!

And as Jess said, be sure to update after the game... I would love to know how it went :)

Kayla
18 y/o
LR 1/05 TTT + MPFL Recon.-- 6/05- R
LR + MPFL recon 12/05 TTT-- 4/06  IND-- 6/06- IND & screw removal-- 7/06 IND 10/06 Exploration 10/06, 12/06, & 2/07-- all left
Chronic Osteomyelitis- Currently facing amputation

Offline rozzzie

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • smile:a little curve that strightens everythig out
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2005, 06:43:26 PM »
Good luck.  You've been practicing so you know the knee is in good shape and can handle the game.  The butterflies will probably calm down once the game starts.

Rozzzie
OA of knees since 85 
93 scrambled ankle - PE
98 PE
99 anlke fusion
04 hit by car broken leg, ribs AC joint seperation
RTKR  Dec 1 2005
LTKR. IM rod removal March 16, 2006

beth8466

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2005, 07:25:27 PM »
 :) thanks guys it means a lot to me - I will be sure to tell yall how it goes.
 And I will try to have fun- I'm sure that won't be too hard ;) Thanks for the encouragement- it goes a long way!

beth8466

« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2005, 04:28:14 AM »
hey guys! good news!! Even though the game went didn't go too well lol, it was great to finally play again.  :) The knee held up exceptionally well and it just felt really good mentally and physically to be out there playing my game again. So this just goes to show that if you try hard enough at your rehab and keep working out the best that you can, you too can be back playing your sport (in my case soccer) again in 6 months! If I can do it- then you can too! ;) So everyone keep trying and soon you will be here too :) When you are feeling down just think about how much you want to get back to the sport you love and channel those bad thoughts into visions of you playing again. I know that I am not 100% yet but I will get there in the next year! I'm Beth and I'm back!  ;D

P.S- I will keep yall updated throughout the year- and next week my season starts- so there is alot of soccer for me to play ;)

KEEP YOUR HEADS HIGH AND NEVER GIVE UP 8)

shadehawk

« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2005, 11:43:18 AM »
AWESOME !!!

Beth,

Good for you, it is just great that you are back enjoying the sport that you love.  Thanks for sharing with us. 

It is always so good to hear that someone has successfully returned to their activities...

Shade

Offline blackbeltgirl

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2005, 01:06:21 PM »
Great job Beth!  It makes a HUGE difference to finally have that confidence back.  I'm glad you've found  out you're still "all there"

Jess
ACI was supposed to be 2/21/06.  On 6/29/06 Insurance co said have another scope, and if it still looks good, they'll ok the ACI.
Microfracture Dec 7, 2004
   3cm x 6cm lesion, LFC; 3cm x 1cm lesion, trochlear groove; lateral tibial plateau lesion
2nd degree black belt, tae kwon do (had to stop)

Offline rozzzie

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • smile:a little curve that strightens everythig out
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2005, 02:06:53 PM »
WOW ! ! !

You're   an     AWESOME    Socker  Player!  !

G O   F O R   I T   G I R L !  ! 

H U G s !

Rozzzie
OA of knees since 85 
93 scrambled ankle - PE
98 PE
99 anlke fusion
04 hit by car broken leg, ribs AC joint seperation
RTKR  Dec 1 2005
LTKR. IM rod removal March 16, 2006

support